+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nuchal scan

Okay so apparently you have to have a blood test and bring the results with you? Ive never had to do this before so I'm kind of confused.
    I just booked my ultrasound appointment and a week before that I will be having the blood test but how am I meant to take my results with me? Do I have to go back to my gp and ask them to print it out or something? Can anyone tell me what they did? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Nuchal scan

I had the bloods done and the scan place rang up the pathology place, got the results and did the risk assessment. Copies of the blood results, scan results and the risk assessment was sent to my GP.

Call your scan place and ask what they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bloods done week 10 then the scan. Yep the senographer can call the pathology and get the results. Then does the risk assessment following my scan and gives me the result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies. I gave my gp a call and apparently it HAS to be 3 days before my scan.. Yet I've been seeing a lot of people have it done up to 2 weeks prior to there scan.. Im even more confused now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh gosh it's so confusing huh. I called my scan place and they said anything from 10 weeks up to 3 days before the scan. I opted for a week before scan. There are plenty of threads on bubhub about this very issue I am sure of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did mine a week before. Didn't need results as they are sent through to gp/hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Oh gosh it's so confusing huh. I called my scan place and they said anything from 10 weeks up to 3 days before the scan. I opted for a week before scan. There are plenty of threads on bubhub about this very issue I am sure of it!
    It's weird as I was under the assumption I could go a week before which was what I was going to do as others have but apparently that is not the case for some reason. 3 days before, anything more and I can't do it. It's a pity there was no thread I could find useful to help me as I was sure someone would of mentioned something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    It's weird as I was under the assumption I could go a week before which was what I was going to do as others have but apparently that is not the case for some reason. 3 days before, anything more and I can't do it. It's a pity there was no thread I could find useful to help me as I was sure someone would of mentioned something.
    I am certainly no expert but the scan place I went to wanted bloods a week before - I think this is because they do the scan and the NT results (as well as a meeting wxplaining the results) at the same time.

Not sure if you are public/private or whether your scan place does the results at the time but that may change when you have to do it.

I don't think I was much help lol. But I dod what the scan place instructed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bloods taken at 10 weeks is the recommended so I have read and the senographer when I was pregnant with number 2 explained so not sure why some have been told different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Nuchal scan

For both pregnancies my bloods were taken at 10 weeks and results of scan and bloods were sent to my GP and OB who then went over them with me. For my first pregnancy's scan the place I went to would not have been qualified to make an assessment, they just took the measurement and my GP went over the results with me. For my second pregnancy I went to a fab place where an OB rather than a sonographer does the scan but still she didn't say anything about my results and it was my OB who went over them at an appointment afterwards.

Eta: so all results were sent to both drs and I never saw them until the appointment to discuss them.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 15-10-2015 at 17:03.