+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Have you tried Cotton On? They usually have looser style singlet tops that have a wider strap (I buy tops like this to disguise my non-flat stomach and I like straps wide enough to cover my bra straps).

I haven't yet but I will be now! Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    3/4 length shorts (capri or cargo) or leggings/skirt with singlets/sleeveless tops. The odd dress Preferably a stretch cotton or jersey. I hate sleeves so avoid t-shirts etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Mod-biscotti, Sportscraft is my favourite store! OK, I am 41 so I guess that makes me old...but I'm not willing to accept that quite yet.
    @SpecialPatrolGroup, I live in Brisbane too and I swear by Sportscraft's Liberty range as the cotton is super fine and light. Yes, each piece is expensive but you can get some great sale offers. The ones I buy are the short-sleeve and ¾-sleeve button-up shirts. They look great with tailored shorts - which Target had last summer and I'm hoping will have again - or light cotton skirts or capri pants. Sportscraft's Eva capri pants are sooooo nice too.

I also like dresses but they must have at least tank strap or small sleeves - spaghetti straps don't suit me and I feel like I'm just a bit too old to get away with them anymore. Over the years I've picked dresses up from Target, Portmans, Esprit and just random little boutiques around the place. Given that you live in Brisbane, I don't know if you've ever been to the West End Markets at Davies Park, but there's a stall there that sells the most beautiful dresses. They're all cotton with amazing patterns and varying styles - long, short, halter neck, tank, etc.

If you're ever up at Noosa this place has great stuff http://www.cottondiva.com.au. The Davies Park Markets stall has very similar stuff to this.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm. Looks like a trip to the west end markets is on the cards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Summer. What will you be wearing?

Since I am 30 weeks pregnant and only going to get more and more pregnant over the next 10 weeks, and then dealing with a newborn, probably a lot of exactly what I'm wearing right this second! The daggiest coolest things I can find from kmart that actually fit. Hahaha
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1444865800.036319.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Hmm. Looks like a trip to the west end markets is on the cards.
    Be brave, go early and avoid the crowds

Thanks
    Reviews
    In summer I'm all about 50s/pinup style circle dresses (fit and flare), circle skirts with cute tops, the occasional pencil skirt or capri pants with cute tops. And if I'm not rocking the 50s/pinup look, I'm all about nylon! Leggings with t-shirts or dress tops, or my nylon skater or princess cut dresses. Oh yes

I love maxi skirts/dresses as well, but I'm generally too short to be able to wear them...unless I want to wear high heels, which I often don't in summer!

My arms/back/chest/face are fair with lots of freckles, but my legs? I'm like a freaking vampire they're so white , but *shrugs* I don't mind if my legs don't match the rest of my body!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki24 View Post
    I've been shopping trying to find shirts/singlets that aren't tight fitting around the stomach, and not having much luck unfortunately.
    I also avoid spaghetti straps because I have quite big shoulders and tye just look gross.
    Summer for me is usually leggings and longer tops, or maxi dresses.
    I hate summer.
    I'm struggling to find things that don't look like a potato sack on me, and have been for a few years. I've got pretty much no shape, and all looser styles look horrible on me. Are you going for basics, or more dressy items. If more dressy - where are you shopping? I need to go there. My wardrobe is looking a bit sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went shopping recently in preparation for the QLD summer. I hate the humidity. I'll also have a newborn by Christmas. So need to be comfy and able to breastfeed in what I wear.
    I bought some playsuits, in light weight material, loose tops which are still relatively fashionable, nothing that will cling to my skin in the heat. And light weight shorts. Anything with an open back is good! But I'll struggle to wear the right bra under something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Summer. What will you be wearing?

At this point brown paper bags. I have horrible arms, horrible legs, a flappy mum apron and in insanely short, it really limits what I can wear haha. Plus my legs rub when I wear skirts/dresses. I usually wear denim shorts and tshirt, geberally oversized so they don't cling