+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Yeah see I feel a bit old now too. I'm 38 (almost) and I just feel like o can't find the right balance of not dressing too old nor too young. I might check out some of those brands.

I need to shop for less pieces, but make sure they are good. Over window I did a capsule wardrobe and found it quite liberating so might do that for spring/ summer.
    I agree with @Mod-biscotti. I buy fewer pieces but spend a bit more. That way when I've literally got 30 seconds to choose I know what I'm wearing fits well and looks good.

I also live in Johnny Was shirts in summer. They cost a lot if you buy them here but if you get on sale on Amazon they can be had for great prices. Some I've worn all summer for 3 or 4 years now and they still look new.

Bohemian Traders is also worth looking at (online). They do great tops for summer.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (15-10-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My usual is sleeveless tops that aren't too clingy around the gut area, teamed with shorts.

I have one denim skirt that I'll wear. I also have a pair of beachy casual khaki pants that I'll wear a fair bit.

One printed dress that I'd consider 'smart casual'.

A pair of denim drop crotch overalls. Ridiculously comfortable.

I would like to nab one or two casual dresses and maybe another casual skirt, but my body shape (apple) means these items don't always suit me and it usually takes a lot of shopping to find something just right. I've been around long enough to know what suits me and what doesn't, so I'm a bit fussier with what I'll buy now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I live in maxi dresses and long skirts with singlets. I'm tall, transparently white, not a huge fan of my legs but pretty happy with my arms and shoulders. I have a tummy as well and find maxi dresses in particular so flattering. If I get the gradual tan right, I'll wear a khaki skirt or shorts with a t shirt. But yeah, mostly long and flowy on the bottom and reasonably fitted and sleeveless on the top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fellow ghost here. I hate summer in general. I can't stand being hot.
    I'm usually about comfort. Tshirts and shorts. I've got quite a nice collection of dresses and a few nice tops from Review. Only one maxi dress unfortunately. Also, all the light weight clothes that I have been gifted by family from when they've travelled to Thailand, Bali, etc. Life savers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Summer. What will you be wearing?

I am tall and very fair skinned. I only ever show my legs from the knee down as my thighs are not my redeeming feature at all. Pretty happy with the rest of me. Therefore shorts are not a summer option. I mainly wear dresses (I own an obscene amount of them 😱). They are knee, just below knee and ankle length. Everything is a-line or babydoll style. Back to my thighs - they are disproportionate to my body so fitted dresses catch on them and I can't stand it. No straight dresses for me.

I also wear skirts and singlet tops.

I love leggings and long tops so they will come out occasionally but generally in qld it's too hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate my varicose veins so maxis 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    I mainly wear dresses (I own an obscene amount of them ). They are knee, just below knee and ankle length. Everything is a-line or babydoll style.
    @teenie where do you buy your dresses from? A-line and baby doll styles suit me, but a lot of the dresses around at the moment seem to cinch in at the waist area and this is not a good look for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been shopping trying to find shirts/singlets that aren't tight fitting around the stomach, and not having much luck unfortunately.
    I also avoid spaghetti straps because I have quite big shoulders and tye just look gross.
    Summer for me is usually leggings and longer tops, or maxi dresses.
    I hate summer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @teenie where do you buy your dresses from? A-line and baby doll styles suit me, but a lot of the dresses around at the moment seem to cinch in at the waist area and this is not a good look for me.
    My dresses are literally from everywhere. Some are waisted but thinking of the non-waisted ones: Kmart, cotton on, target, tree of life, jeans west, eviegreenpixie (etsy), and online. I love ozsale (I have the app). Heaps of options on there all of the time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki24 View Post
    I've been shopping trying to find shirts/singlets that aren't tight fitting around the stomach, and not having much luck unfortunately.
    I also avoid spaghetti straps because I have quite big shoulders and tye just look gross.
    Summer for me is usually leggings and longer tops, or maxi dresses.
    I hate summer.
    Have you tried Cotton On? They usually have looser style singlet tops that have a wider strap (I buy tops like this to disguise my non-flat stomach and I like straps wide enough to cover my bra straps).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Niki24  (15-10-2015)