+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Summer. What will you be wearing?

I hate dressing in summer. I hate summer clothes. I like covering my arms...and legs....and back and....well, you get the point. I can't wear spaghetti straps, I have fair, freckly skin but I live in Brisbane. Hit me with suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maxi dresses? Im not a fan of spaghetti straps either so opt for tanks with thicker straps. How about some loose fitting t shirts and light gypsy style pants?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am pale and lots of freckles. I tend to go with v neck t shirts and denim shorts, culottes or loose gypsy pants. I also like the big t-shirt dresses but they are hard to find. Maxi dresses tend to be sleeveless.
    I also use a gradual tanning lotion on my legs to take the edge off the pastiness.

Mind you, I'll be breastfeeding this summer so it'll probably be blouses which make me feel so old lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like cool tees. don't mind baring a bit of leg but I can't stand having my top half on show.

I got these really comfy tees from dotti, they are such a flattering cut. v neck and womanly in the cut/where it sits but still loose. I bought a whole bunch of them and live in them practically. they're called penguin tail tees, just ask at the counter and they can show you them.

I also like maxi dresses but don't like too much skin on show.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am pale with freckles. I just usually wear tank tops and jean shorts or long bohemian style skirts. Definitely not too much skin showing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Summer. What will you be wearing?

Tshirts/singlets with flowy knee length skirts, denim shorts, or gypsy pants. I find the skirts the coolest option.
    Flowy dresses both knee length and maxis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im not a fan of my legs these days so summer is maxi skirts or dresses.

If i wear a singlet top which i often do i put a short sleeve light cardi over the top when i go out

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am old (40's) and time poor so I now shop online at Trenery, Bassike, and Sportscraft (yes, I know, call me nanna). They all do quite a nice line in the v neck t shirt dress, these are my Summer staples. Mela Purdie for easy wear skirts, Country Road, Sass and Bide and Seed for t-shirts and I am pretty much done these days.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 14-10-2015 at 21:57.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear denim shorts or 3/4 pants if not too hot with Birkenstocks and tees/tanks. No skirts here. Above knee lightweight dresses but breastfeeding this summer so not this year. I have bad skin from time to time on my chest/shoulders (thanks pcos) so always looking for tops that cover up high to the back of my neck and across my shoulders so no thin straps for me. I shop through next, jeans west, Sussan and myer (basque and tokito brands).

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-biscotti View Post
    I am old (40's) and time poor so I now shop online at Trenery, Bassike, and Sportscraft (yes, I know, call me nanna). They all do quite a nice line in the v neck t shirt dress, these are my Summer staples. Mela Purdie for easy wear skirts, Country Road, Sass and Bide and Seed for t-shirts and I am pretty much done these days.
    Yeah see I feel a bit old now too. I'm 38 (almost) and I just feel like o can't find the right balance of not dressing too old nor too young. I might check out some of those brands.

I need to shop for less pieces, but make sure they are good. Over window I did a capsule wardrobe and found it quite liberating so might do that for spring/ summer.