+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd found a toy around 9 months and now at 5 has moved onto a teddy just for bed.
    Ds had a fleecy blanket around 16 months but I got him a smaller blanket with teddy head so i didnt have to cart around a big blanket.
    I waited until they found something they wanted and once they are attached to it buy spares!!!

As for the teddy head blankets they have been around for years so i dont think its just a cute trend plus they are a good size for little ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @purplePoppy my first bubs so I guess everything is new to me! What about the SIDS risk of having a loose cloth in the bassinet near bubs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    About 2-3 months. By 8-9 months bub could have found another unintended comforter (eg long sleeves on onesie) so the chances of bub taking to the comforter you introduce declines.

Some tips:
    - use at every sleep regardless of whether it is in the pram, car, rocker
    - only use at sleep time so it maintains it's power as a sleep cue (at least until bub is well and truly into toddlerhood and has sleep down pat)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Thanks @purplePoppy my first bubs so I guess everything is new to me! What about the SIDS risk of having a loose cloth in the bassinet near bubs?
    Just from my experience I wouldnt have a comforter in with them while they were still small enough to fit in a bassinet as I found my two never wanted anything and would fall asleep on their own, they didnt find any interest in a comforter until they were older and could move around more

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We introduced one at about 8 months or so with our twins. They didn't have dummies and it became a sleep aid. We only allow it in bed and are strict on this so that it keeps a sleep association. They are now 2.5 and still love it. For those worried about sids, i was too. That's why i waited and also i tied the loose part in a tight knot until recently.