+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Anyone got an above ground pool?

Hi all

I hate not having a pool, and really want to get one for the kids and for myself, but we can't spend big money nor do we have the space or the right sort of house to install a pool. Our home is split level, and getting the right equipment into our backyard to install a pool would be basically impossible.

So I'm considering a cheap above ground pool from clark rubber, one with a little filter and big enough that the kids could swim from one side to the other even if it only a couple of meters. I'm not sure about where to put it and how to fence it though. Has anyone done it? Do you have photos? Are you glad you did it or do you regret it? Do you pack it away over winter?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haven't had an above ground pool myself but know many who have and most leave above ground pool up all year round.
    But it still needs to comply and be put through your local council and fenced properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love an above ground pool too but just dont know how to fence it etc. Ours would only be up for a few months over the summer period and then taken down over winter so I wouldnt want a permanent fence.

Subbing so I might get some ideas from others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There was an above ground pool on our property when we bought it but we asked for it to be removed prior to settlement and we took all the fencing down. It was going to be such a big hassle for us to maintain year round. If you want to put one in I believe you have to get building approval, register the pool and get a safety certificate. There are also strict guidelines for fencing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yeah that's what I thought. I guess I'll have to look into it further. There's no way I'd be leaving it full all year round because we would only use it in summer. The sort of pool I'm talking about is something like this

37262.jpg

Do people who buy these sorts of pools really fence them and get building approval and a safety certificate? I'm thinking it needs to be fenced if it's being left up, but would temporary fencing do or does it have to be a permanent fence?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    yeah that's what I thought. I guess I'll have to look into it further. There's no way I'd be leaving it full all year round because we would only use it in summer. The sort of pool I'm talking about is something like this

Attachment 74504

Do people who buy these sorts of pools really fence them and get building approval and a safety certificate? I'm thinking it needs to be fenced if it's being left up, but would temporary fencing do or does it have to be a permanent fence?
    Presumably it just has to be adequate fencing... you'd have to ask your local council about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends on the type of pool. For example, requirements in QLD:
    http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/constructi...PoolsSpas.aspx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any pool that is deeper than 30cm needs to be registered and fenced, for our council anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh wow thanks heaps for that, so it looks like since the pool I want to get has a filter, I need to get building approval, safety certificate and register it. And to get the safety certificate it would need a permanent fence around it. So there you go! If I want to not have to build a permanent fence, I need to get one that's no higher than 300mm, less than 2000L and has no filter. Interesting! I wonder how so many people get away with unfenced spa's? They would all me over 300mm and filtered...

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm dreaming of a shipping container pool. They don't need fencing. But not as cheap as Clarke rubber sadly. Boy by a long shot.