+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I would be confused too as with that number it would more likely have been a case of over stimulation rather than lack of.
    What's your next plan of attack? Are you going to do another cycle soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am going on the pill again for 3 weeks then retest to see if it is a goer...then if the fsh is still high go on eostrogen only for three weeks and retest. If it is still high they said that basically ivf is a no goer without donor eggs!
    I dont know if that is fair...I have one four year old and have had 7 or so chem pregs in the last 3 years (I have immune issues too) so I know pregnancy is possible...surely it cant be the end of the road bevause my fsh was two points over their cutoff?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience86 View Post
    I am going on the pill again for 3 weeks then retest to see if it is a goer...then if the fsh is still high go on eostrogen only for three weeks and retest. If it is still high they said that basically ivf is a no goer without donor eggs!
    I dont know if that is fair...I have one four year old and have had 7 or so chem pregs in the last 3 years (I have immune issues too) so I know pregnancy is possible...surely it cant be the end of the road bevause my fsh was two points over their cutoff?!
    Hmmm I would be getting a second opinion. Where are you based?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Perth...fortunately I am seeing two FS ( one for my immune issues, one for IVF). The immune doc seemed quite surprised about the canned cycle and said there are some other things to try and not to despair.

Sometimes I think it is about clinic success rates...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Patience86,
    I would certainly consider a new clinic with those results, my neighbour pushed ahead with only 1 follicle & is currently 26 weeks pregnant. I know it's rare but it just shows no one can write you off
    The high FSH is a pain, but again I have met women with levels higher than our own (20/30's) who still produced BFPs...and successful ones at that.
    I'm due to have my ultrasound tomorrow morning following my Elavon injection. Based off my Friday bloods I suspect it will be a CC, then I'll be on oestrogen priming until the next time. Boooooooo.
    Fingers are firmly crossed but I am still positive for us both.
    My partner and I have already agreed if IVF doesn't work, we shall be looking into ED overseas (South Africa probably).
    Hope you had a good weekend! I'll PM you when I know my ultrasound results tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Patience86 I would get a second opinion for sure before you go down the DE path. You want to know you've tried everything with your OE first! Plus you're so young so have time.
    @Aqua85 good luck tomorrow, I hope you don't have to cancel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aqua85 keeping my fingers crossed for you! Yes please let me know how you go.

Thank you both so much for your encouragement and advice. I dont know anyone with this problem so have felt very alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Patience86 @Kellyk77 so had the bloods done this morning, along with the ultrasound. I wasn't able to draw too much from the ultrasound tbh, they said things looked "fine"
    The bloods came back still showing a very low oestrogen level (48), when it should be around 500 evidently...NOT IDEAL! They said leave it again till Thursday for the next round of ultrasound and bloods, in case things improve. However more than likely going to head into a CC, then go straight into priming.
    I totally agree with my RE, that there is no point putting my body (and bank!) through the IVF process until my hormones are in a better position. She was also very positive about the higher FSH result...in that she didn't see it posing a major hurdle, like I had first anticipated.

So even though it is not the exact result I wanted, I actually came away from it feeling more upbeat about the process. It may well take a few cycles, but it is worth it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Aqua85 …thanks for the update! I hate it when they don't tell you anything at the ultrasound, so annoying Sorry to hear about your oestrogen result, but I completely agree that things should all be good before proceeding with the treatment. It is such a huge emotional, financial and physical investment. It sounds like you have a fantastic outlook and yes, it will definitely be worth it! What are you priming with?

Well I have had a bit of a change in plans. I went today for my ultrasound to check for polyps/cysts before restarting the pill on wednsday and they found not one but two dominant follicles raring to go. So…we have decided to give it one more shot naturally. I get pregnant, but I have problems holding likely due to my autoimmune disease…. so now that I am on immune treatment to help with that…what have I got to lose? Bloods tomorrow, trigger wednesday and then into the tww :/ Then I start prognova on day 21 to try and lower the FSH and into an IVF cycle in a few weeks if this natural shot is unsuccessful.

I'm happy with the plan - but wow, what a rollarcoaster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Patience86 that's awesome news...best of luck with it. I send positive vibes your way Still unsure what I shall be priming with, I assume I will cross that bridge when Thursday's blood results are in. Good luck! Speak soon