+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car sickness

Is there anything I can give my then 21 month son for car sickness. We might me traveling by car from Victoria to NSW ( Echuca/Moama) in Jan and he gets sick. We recently travelled there and he was sick but wasn't sure what to give him..
    Thanks..
    It's a 3-4 hour trip btw

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Phenerghan but not for anther couple of months I think? Perhaps ask the pharmacist if they recommend anything else, there might be something that sets the stomach contents without being anti nausea as such.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't phenerghan what puts kids to sleep? I'm a bit iffy about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeSchoolMumOf4 View Post
    Isn't phenerghan what puts kids to sleep? I'm a bit iffy about that.
    It's also used for travel sickness and allergies.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car sickness

My DD gets car sick. I don't give her any medication. We make sure she has light cotton clothes on, stays cool, no head down reading or on the iPad etc, and we've worked out that dairy of any kind is a no go before long trips. She just has water & some dry toast, biscuits or apple pieces. We have stacks of vomit bags on hand in the car. She's good now because she can tell me when she is going to be sick and holds the bag up while I pull over. The first sign she was going to be sick before that was crying and suddenly becoming upset. My often travel distances of 2+ hours so it's much easier to manage now we have put those few things into place. I have also had friends recommend getting a static strap that is attached to the car and touches the ground to reduce static but I can't say how or if they work.

ETA: my daughter goes a bit nuts with antihistamine's so giving her phenergen before strapping her in the car for hours would be torture for everyone 😉
    Last edited by WannaBMummy82; 13-10-2015 at 07:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Phenergen is used for nasty travel sickness in children yes.
    I've never given it, bit if I were going on a long trip and had a child with severe travel sickness problems I would consider it for sure.
    My 6 year old suffers from fairly mild travel sickness. We heard a trick recently if you put one ear plug in one ear it can combat travel sickness. My son said it helped, but it could have been a placebo, we said it would help so he may have just thought it did. Would be interesting to see if it actually worked in a child that was too young to understand why you were Doing it. Though an 18 month old would probably just pull it out :/