Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pleased to hear that ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can he say mummy yet? I know my 15 mo still says mumma for mummy because mummy is a more complex word which is developed later. I just thought I'd throw in another possibility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I know it probably stings a bit, but I wouldn't worry. My just turned 2yo DS2 calls me mama (and his big brother calls me mum/mummy so like a PP said, mama may be easier). DS2 also calls DH 'yower'. He knows he is Daddy, he can say Daddy, but as far as he is concerned, he's yower.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

CSCA  (11-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is 23 months and has only started saying mama in last month or so. Has been saying daddy for about a year and when we would ask him to say mummy he would say daddy. Also he could pronounce it too but just didn't want to. Then recently he started calling me mama. I don't know why he started now but maybe some boys can be awkward!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would just keep referring to yourself when asking him to do something with or for you.

" Can mummy have a cuddle?", " would you like mummy to get you a drink of water?" Etc.

I've done that from the beginning unintentionally and Dd has always called me mummy, if she wants my attention she will tap me and say " mummy"..followed by what she wants to say. If I don't answer then she calls me by my first name until I pay attention😏.

I wouldn't be concerned, he obviously has great language skills, I can imagine the mama/mummy thing might be confusing as they are very similar sounding, I'm sure he will pick it up though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 29 months. She says Mama and Papa but didn't until after 2. Her speech is delayed but she's starting saying a lot more recently. If he's talking like you've mentioned then don't worry! He'll say it when he needs to.

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Can he say mummy yet? I know my 15 mo still says mumma for mummy because mummy is a more complex word which is developed later. I just thought I'd throw in another possibility.
    You know, This might be it. He did run up to me today and said "'mama!" So maybe he just can't quite get mummy out yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have lots of friends that call one of their parents by their first name. When I asked why each have said because mum or dad always referred to them by their first name. Perhaps your name as mum or mummy isn't used enough whereas you refer to DP as mama constantly because you would talk to him about it when she's not there? - eg. Mama will be home from work soon or things like that.
    If you got into the routine of always saying 'ta for mummy' or 'mummy is getting your lunch' and always referring to yourself as mummy as well as DP doing it, then he will start using your name more? I'm not sure if that works, just a thought. I always refer to myself as mum with all 4 of my girls, I wish I didn't cause I here muuuumm all day long haha.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

DreamyMummy  (11-10-2015),Possie7  (11-10-2015),rainbow road  (11-10-2015),wobbleyhorse  (11-10-2015)