+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Star Wars - what age?

What age do you think kids can watch Star Wars? I've never seen it (I know, I know!!) but DH says DS aged 4 would be able to watch it.
    I thought it wouldn't be appropriate until much older but I really have no idea! Is it scary? Violent?
    Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Star Wars - what age?

I was 6 when I first saw it. I had nightmares about Darth Vader for years lol.

My DD is 4 next week and I wouldn't let her watch it for a while cause I know she would be scared. DH and I have actually been discussing it cause we are big fans and thinking when she's 6 we'll think about it. It really depends on the child I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's also reasonably violent in parts - lightsaber battles, blaster shoot outs. DD has picked up 'killing' people with Elsa power from somewhere, so I'm not really comfortable with her watching it yet until she understands that we don't kill people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS watched Star Wars at 4.5 yo.

He enjoyed it and wasn't scared. I guess Darth Vader's appearance is a little scary, but if he's seen pictures or action figures of him before he should be okay.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the child, and also on the movie!

I'm not a Star Wars expert, but from memory, the original three would be fine at any age IMO. The first one of the new ones was pretty lighthearted too. One of the new ones is pretty dark though in some parts. And one of them was kinda boring too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 girls aged 3,5,6&8 watched the first one with my mum the other week (I fell asleep, can you tell I'm a Star Wars fan lol?). They loved the movie, weren't scared at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 year old son loves Star Wars but he's only watched select parts of the movies (we skip the violent/scary bits). He has Star wars Lego and has also played the star wars Lego Xbox game. He started watching the new Star wars rebels cartoon TV series but that was a bit scary in parts. I think there might be a Star Wars Lego movie? That might be more appropriate to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! I think my DS is probably too young. I might wait a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Following. DS (4 yrs) is Star Wars mad but has never seen it. We started watching the first movie on tv last weekend and it seemed ok - he went to bed half way through. I don't know where the scary/violent bits are so its hard to pick & choose scenery. I also heard there was a Lego Star Wars movie, must look into that!

It must all come from kindy friends. We are not Star Wars mad, but DS comes home talking storm troopers and Darth vadar and wanting guns and light sabers.... Arghhh boys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    My DS watched Star Wars at 4.5 yo.

He enjoyed it and wasn't scared. I guess Darth Vader's appearance is a little scary, but if he's seen pictures or action figures of him before he should be okay.
    This is us too.