+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Post Mothers

Hello, my name is Bethany and I am currently in year 11 and
    completing a Human Biology
    assignment based on the question ... ‘Does exercise during pregnancy reduce the likely hood of premature birth?’ My aim is to get as many mothers as possible to help me complete this. If you wish to participate in my assignment (which would be really great!) you are required to answer a questionnaire about your fitness levels before and during pregnancy. Your answers will then be compared and processed by myself to see if exercise during pregnancy does reduce the likely hood of premature birth. If you wish to help me in my assignment, any personal information will be kept confidential and you will be referred to as a number. If you have any other questions regarding the assessment, please don't hesitate to ask me. Many thanks. Bethany :-)

Please answer the following questions ... copy and paste into the reply box and answer from there :-)

General Questions
    1. How old were you when you delivered?
    2. How many weeks pregnant were you at delivery?
    3. Did you have any complications during gestation?
    4. Did you have any complications during birth?
    5. How many check - ups did you have?
    6. How was your child born? (natural, c section)
    7. Did you smoke/drink alcohol/take drugs during the length of your pregnancy? If so, how frequently (e.g. 5 cigarettes per day)
    8. Did you have a job at the time that required you to be physically active? Please explain...

Before Pregnancy

9. How would you describe your level of fitness?
    10. What types of exercises did you carry out?
    11. For how long would you exercise daily?
    12. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)

First trimester (1-12 weeks)

13. How would you describe your level of fitness?
    14. What types of exercises did you carry out?
    15. For how long would you exercise daily?
    16. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)
    17. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy?

Second trimester (13-27 weeks)

18. How would you describe your level of fitness?
    19. What types of exercises did you carry out?
    20. For how long would you exercise daily?
    21. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)
    22. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy?

Third trimester (28-40 weeks)

23. How would you describe your level of fitness?
    24. What types of exercises did you carry out?
    25. For how long would you exercise daily?
    26. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)
    27. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy?

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me, it is greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by bethanyc; 10-10-2015 at 16:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Bethany Would it be worth making this into a survey using something like Survey Monkey? It might make it easier for both people to respond and for replies to be analysed. Good luck with the assignment!

General Questions
    1. 27
    2. 41
    3. No
    4. No
    5. Only the required ones (at around 16, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 weeks)
    6. NVD
    7. No
    8. No, office job

Before Pregnancy

9. Low
    10. Walking as transport only
    11. About 30-60 mins walking per day
    12. Light

First trimester (1-12 weeks) (same answers for second and third trimesters)

13. Low
    14. Only walking
    15. Same as before pregnant
    16. as above
    17. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy? Yes! No difference in the first trimester but in the second and third, any exercise was so painful on my hips and pelvic joints that it made me so unhappy and made me really hate being pregnant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

bethanyc  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    Hey Bethany Would it be worth making this into a survey using something like Survey Monkey? It might make it easier for both people to respond and for replies to be analysed. Good luck with the assignment!

General Questions
    1. 27
    2. 41
    3. No
    4. No
    5. Only the required ones (at around 16, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 weeks)
    6. NVD
    7. No
    8. No, office job

Before Pregnancy

9. Low
    10. Walking as transport only
    11. About 30-60 mins walking per day
    12. Light

First trimester (1-12 weeks) (same answers for second and third trimesters)

13. Low
    14. Only walking
    15. Same as before pregnant
    16. as above
    17. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy? Yes! No difference in the first trimester but in the second and third, any exercise was so painful on my hips and pelvic joints that it made me so unhappy and made me really hate being pregnant.

Thankyou very much. This is so helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    General Questions

1. How old were you when you delivered?

2. How many weeks pregnant were you at delivery?

36 + 4

3. Did you have any complications during gestation?

Yes:

- High blood pressure (only from 16 weeks before this time it was perfect)

- Small growth of baby (thought to have been caused by high BP)

- Pre-eclampsia - due to this decision made to deliver baby

4. Did you have any complications during birth?

- High blood loss

- High blood pressure that was managed through medication

5. How many check - ups did you have?

Lots! From the 16 weeks every fortnight which went to weekly by about 24 weeks due to high BP

6. How was your child born? (natural, c section)

Caesarian Section

7. Did you smoke/drink alcohol/take drugs during the length of your pregnancy? If so, how frequently (e.g. 5 cigarettes per day)

Never. It was an IVF pregnancy so no alcohol beforehand either. Never smoked in my life.

8. Did you have a job at the time that required you to be physically active? Please explain...

Yes, however I was moved to light duties from 10 weeks so was just in the office & not on feet as such

Before Pregnancy

9. How would you describe your level of fitness?10. What types of exercises did you carry out?11. For how long would you exercise daily?

Good level of fitness. I used to do regular cardio kick boxing classes, gym work outs & also jogged. Depending on shifts at work (lots of shift work) & overtime would exercise anywhere from 3-6 times a week.

Each time I exercised all up would be for approximately one hour

12. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)

Medium. I always wanted to improve fitness so trained at intensity to improve

First trimester (1-12 weeks)

13. How would you describe your level of fitness?14. What types of exercises did you carry out?15. For how long would you exercise daily?

Mainly adjusted to light weights & walking. Wore a heart rate monitor to keep track. I would say I had a really good level of fitness. About 45 minutes each time for about 3 days a week.

16. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)

Light

17. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy?

No. When my blood pressure went high I had to stop all exercise. I was on that much medication to try & keep it under control & my feet & legs swelled up so bad I could only wear open shoes

Second trimester (13-27 weeks)

18. How would you describe your level of fitness?19. What types of exercises did you carry out?20. For how long would you exercise daily?21. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)

As above not allowed to due to medical reasons

22. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy?

No

Third trimester (28-40 weeks)

23. How would you describe your level of fitness?24. What types of exercises did you carry out?25. For how long would you exercise daily?26. How would you describe your daily exercise routine?(Light, medium, heavy or strenuous)

As above wasn't allowed to exercise due to medical reasons

27. Do you think exercising made a difference in your health and in your attitude toward pregnancy?

No

Thank you for taking time out of your day to help me, it is greatly appreciated!!