How many weeks? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default How many weeks?

Ok I have confused myself and hoping someone can help. Using the pregnancy calculator going by lmp, I haven't even really conceived yet. My last lmp was 15/9. I o'd a week earlier than normal (26/9, 1 week after af). Going by my normal cycle I am not due for af for another 8 or so days. But the fact o'd a week early means i am already 13 dpo. And got a pretty strong positive (12 dpo).

Do I keep going by my lmp even though I o'd a week early, or doesn't it make a difference? If I o'd at normal time I probably wouldn't even get a bfp yet.

Normally I would just go by lmp but the darkness of test and the fact i definitely o'd a week early has thrown me a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd go by ovulation - but get a dating scan if you can. (wait until at least 6 weeks by your estimate).

Getting very early blood tests can also help date, although these rapidly become unreliable as each day passes (from a dating perspective).

Just be prepared to be confused either way. In my experience, and that of so many bub hubbers, the dating thing can be so confusing and additional tests might cause you more stress than necessary.

I was lucky this time round my OB did 2 scans a week apart. First scan she estimated I was maybe 5.5 wks. A week later bub had 'caught up' to my LMP/ovulation estimate and measured 7 weeks exactly. It's so easy to be out with dates in those early days.

Congrats btw! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I will be getting a dating scan, have a drs appointment first thing monday as well. None of my babies have measured right for dates- dd4 they said i was 5 weeks X days at the dating scan but i knew the date we conceived which put me ahead by a week- dh wasnt even in town for the week they claimed i conceived based on the scan 😂 dd1 was out by a whopping 4 weeks! Going by lmp i was 10 weeks when i found out. Had a scan 2 weeks later at what we thought was 12 weeks only to discover i was only 8 weeks!

As long as my numbers are good for around what i think i am, i am happy.

And thank you