+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sunshine Coast high school & primary schools

Hi, I'm after any advice or recommendations about Sunshine Coast schools with a good reputation with locals. I have a primary school aged child and a high schooler and was interested in the Birtinya/ Kawana area but would consider anywhere close. I plan to locate the school then move into the catchment.

Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe look at both Mountain creek state school and Chancellor college at sippy downs. Both have very good reputations. Otherwise I don't really hear of anything closer to that area sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Public or private?

Public - mountain creek has a good reputation and is also the largest school in the area (I believe). Buderim primary school is also good, but is only primary.

Private - Matthew flinders, SC grammar, Immanuel are some of the better known. I have heard good things about Unity College in Caloundra.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou, I was looking at public mostly, preferably with a primary and high school campus close together. Thanks for your responses.

Is mountain creek a nice place to live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micafi View Post
    Thankyou, I was looking at public mostly, preferably with a primary and high school campus close together. Thanks for your responses.

Is mountain creek a nice place to live?
    It's pretty nice. Very central, close to mooloolaba, beach, motorway etc. There are some areas nicer than others but overall it's a pretty good suburb. I think anywhere around there or that side of Buderim would put you in the MC catchment (best to check with the school).

It really depends on your personal taste and preference. I think some nicer/larger houses around the waterways. Being an older suburb the blocks tend to be bigger which I always think is a good thing.

I know a few of the MCSHS teachers and they do have some good programs and facilities etc.