+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    You can change your passport easily, usually free of charge if you have 2+ years left on it.
    No, I have an overseas passport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Pure curiosity- why did you change it at all, if you weren't going to change anything with your name on it?

I still haven't changed much but only because my only form of ID is my passport and I cannot change that until it is up for renewal..in 2021!
    We had a celebrant didn't think of it on day (not a big wedding just them and witness's). I keep convincing him to change to mine bahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    We had a celebrant didn't think of it on day (not a big wedding just them and witness's). I keep convincing him to change to mine bahahaha
    Fair enough Thought you had just changed your mind- which is also fine, was just curious as to why. Thanks for answering.

We used a celebrant too- I didn't care either way with surnames (reasons given in an earlier post), but H preferred I take it. Haha out of his 3 weddings, I am the only one to take his name- MIL says based on that we'll last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I definitely wouldn't be disappointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's my thoughts...
    Life is so short! We have one journey on this earth that is solely ours. We each have individual dreams and aspirations. What brings imense happiness to one person may be completely different to another and that what makes us who we are. I will never be disappointed in my children's life choices (disregarding illegal activity etc). I want to raise them with the knowledge that they can be anything. And if things don't work out that way you can find a way to make it work down a different path. Their journey is their journey, just as mine is mine.. And yours is yours. So no, if my daughter or son fulfilled their desire to be a stay at home parent I would never be disappointed.

And that stands true with my 4 year olds desire to be garbage truck driver 😜

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Californication  (13-10-2015),cheeeeesecake  (17-10-2015),delirium  (13-10-2015),DT75  (13-10-2015),Isabellabean  (13-10-2015),Leettieb  (13-10-2015),misskittyfantastico  (12-10-2015),MrsSS  (12-10-2015),SheWarrior  (12-10-2015),Wise Enough  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Would you be disappointed if your DD chose to be at home long term?

I don't have a DD but if I did... Yep I'd be disappointed. I'm a single mum who is a product of a long term SAHM ... I'm immensely proud of the fact that I don't struggle financially (I budget by choice to maintain my lifestyle of choice) despite my ExH being a douchepouch and changing the course of my life without any notice. If I was dependant on him I can't even imagine how I'd have survived when we split. My beautiful mother became a single mother when we were adults. She lives pay to pay now with a job she is absolutely amazing at but she had little choice. I want more for my kids.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 12-10-2015 at 22:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    Here's my thoughts...
    Life is so short! We have one journey on this earth that is solely ours. We each have individual dreams and aspirations. What brings imense happiness to one person may be completely different to another and that what makes us who we are. I will never be disappointed in my children's life choices (disregarding illegal activity etc). I want to raise them with the knowledge that they can be anything. And if things don't work out that way you can find a way to make it work down a different path. Their journey is their journey, just as mine is mine.. And yours is yours. So no, if my daughter or son fulfilled their desire to be a stay at home parent I would never be disappointed.

I want to like this a million times over!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    I want to like this a million times over!!
    A million times ditto from me too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Would you be disappointed if your DD chose to be at home long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    Here's my thoughts...

I really admire what you are saying and it's made me think why I would be disappointed. I suppose if I'm completely honest it's because I've worked most of their lives and plan to continue working. And if one of my girls chooses to be a Sahm then it may feel like they felt they missed out because of my decision to work and they don't want their kids to feel the same.

I realise intellectually they will come to their own decisions but we are so much the product of our upbringings. It can go either way. I know one of the reasons I work is because my mother always did and I liked the dynamic it created between my parents. I was proud of her when I was a kid and I want my kids to feel proud as well.

But this has made me think why I feel the way I do. I will still worry about their financial independence if they are a Sahm. But i guess if I'm honest there are other reasons too.
    Last edited by Sonja; 12-10-2015 at 23:55.