+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLove View Post

So I would be disappointed if our kids grow up without passion and drive to better themselves and pursue a career they love after working hard to role model that to them!
    Because sahms don't have passion or drive to better themselves.....those qualities aren't limited to a pay check. 😐

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have only read the first couple of pages but I would worry about my dd hitching her wagon to anybody else's star. Life throws up so many obstacles, people change, relationships end, people die, finances are not always stable so I would never like to see her vulnerable and unable to save herself.

Also, some people SAHM better than others. I have known people who never look outside their 4 walls and them there are people like @LoveLivesHere who are dedicated to their family but also to their community.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Because sahms don't have passion or drive to better themselves.....those qualities aren't limited to a pay check. ������
    lol ummm yeah. This was one of the posts that had my eye twitching but I didn't want to address it lest I get grumpy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    lol ummm yeah. This was one of the posts that had my eye twitching but I didn't want to address it lest I get grumpy
    Its OK. I got grumpy for you 😛 honestly tho that statement peeved me off.

I strive to better myself all the time, i occasionally do volunteer work, I exercise almost everyday. Im passionate about nutrition and an organic lifestyle. I am a very driven passionate person and work damn hard! The only thing I don't do is earn money.

I don't feel that makes me a disappointment or lower class citizen.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 09-10-2015 at 14:14.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Because sahms don't have passion or drive to better themselves.....those qualities aren't limited to a pay check. 😐
    and you can also be someone lucky enough to receive a great pay cheque but still have no passion or drive. just be good at doing your job and doing as you're told!

my mum was a SAHM by choice. she was also a teacher who went back to teach on a relief then part time basis once we got a bit older. it was all about her choice. that taught us a lot I think. you can be a strong SAHM with choices. it doesn't have to be either career ball buster CEO or brainless, weak and lacking in identity SAHM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-10-2015),delirium  (09-10-2015),Gracie's Mum  (09-10-2015),SoThisIsLove  (09-10-2015),VicPark  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly. I'm hoping to do more volunteer work at dds school when she starts next year....and possibly doing a course in business admin education once our youngest is at school.

You can be a long term sahm and still have choices.

I may decide to still sah once both our kids are in school. I think that's also a valuable option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to own 3 properties by 21 years old?
    Because I left school young, worked hard, saved up with my now DH and bought our first house, which then snowballed in to owning two more houses in a couple of years. We spent our evenings and weekends renovating and then used our profits and equity to move to the area that we wanted to live in. Being a highschool drop out doesn't = deadbeat (not saying you have said that, but it is a common assumption in society these days. People who I've met in the last few years are often really shocked that I never finished high school). No we didn't earn high amounts of money, but we started small and worked our way up.
    Last edited by Full House; 09-10-2015 at 18:57.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

our4boys  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Probably poorly worded.. But it wasn't written to offend anyone.. Simply my opinion based on my own values.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't read the replies but for me if my DD chose to do that and she was financially stable enough to do so then I wouldn't care if that was her choice. If she was doing it cause she couldn't be bothered and it was putting strain on the family then I wouldn't be overly impressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've not read other replies yet but I'm curious to. I've a different viewpoint on this. I wouldn't be disappointed if any of my kids - ds too - were sahp's. BUT but I must admit that I feel stuck in this role now and find it hard to know how to break out after not working in nearly 9 years. there are times when dp places a big focus on dd1's education and career options and she talks about wanting to be home with her kids for a time and I wonder how she can have both? And I wonder why did I bother getting degrees? They seemed important at the time but ultimately pointless. Maybe not pointless just not as important as it seemed. And because there seems to me to be such a pervading attitude that if you take time out of the workforce to spend with your children you should never expect a fulfilling career... I think my hopes for dd would be that attitudes might change, that by the time she has kids it'll be ok to be a sahm and still go back to a career if that's what she wants, but if her family can afford for her to be a long term sahm and that's what she wanted that she could do that with pride and not be made to feel by society like an oddity or of low worth. Pie in the sky dreams...