+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked
    863
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tamtam, Dr Black is performing the surgery. I'm not sure if that's who he saw at the consultation because DH took him and he typically can't remember! Thanks for the reassurance about the anaesthesia. Sounds like your DD's surgery will be quite a bit more complex than ours. Hope it goes well!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,224
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked
    307
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 4 yrs 7 months old had this done 2 weeks ago and he has been great. Hasn't complained once of a sore throat. Quite happy to take the jelly though lol.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

    Bond Girl  (09-10-2015)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,688
    Thanks
    3,507
    Thanked
    976
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 7yo dd just had her tonsils and adenoids removed. I agree with the day 5 and 10 comments and the hydration. I also found that if she slept all night, she would wake in the morning in agony as the throat would dry out. A steamy shower or humidifier really helps to keep the passages moist and lessen the pain.... she only had oanadol and nurofen, but we kep that up as per the directions nearly 10 days before it eased off.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

    BabyG4  (09-10-2015),Bond Girl  (09-10-2015)

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    @Tamtam, Dr Black is performing the surgery. I'm not sure if that's who he saw at the consultation because DH took him and he typically can't remember! Thanks for the reassurance about the anaesthesia. Sounds like your DD's surgery will be quite a bit more complex than ours. Hope it goes well!
    What date are you going in? We don't see ENT until a week and half.
    I think the surgery will be straight forward. It's just the anaesthesia and after care.

    I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Keep us posted. have you had a pre op appointment? I would imagine it's the same procedure as when DD has had surgery and they will go through the process of going in to theatre etc. At his age they may say you can take him in and cuddle until he is asleep etc. And you can ask questions about recovery and how long etc.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked
    863
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    What date are you going in? We don't see ENT until a week and half.
    I think the surgery will be straight forward. It's just the anaesthesia and after care.

    I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Keep us posted. have you had a pre op appointment? I would imagine it's the same procedure as when DD has had surgery and they will go through the process of going in to theatre etc. At his age they may say you can take him in and cuddle until he is asleep etc. And you can ask questions about recovery and how long etc.
    We're going in on the 22nd. No pre op appointment, we only saw them for the first time a couple of weeks ago so it's happening rather quickly, and just have to call the day before for fasting instructions etc. I'll definitely want to stay with him until he's asleep...Think he'll be very stressed otherwise. I'll have to ask them over the phone about all that!

    He had a repeat hearing test today for a second opinion and definitely has some hearing loss, so looks like the grommets are going in too!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

    Tamtam  (09-10-2015)

  9. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked
    863
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    My 7yo dd just had her tonsils and adenoids removed. I agree with the day 5 and 10 comments and the hydration. I also found that if she slept all night, she would wake in the morning in agony as the throat would dry out. A steamy shower or humidifier really helps to keep the passages moist and lessen the pain.... she only had oanadol and nurofen, but we kep that up as per the directions nearly 10 days before it eased off.
    Ah thanks I have a humidifier so will use that while he sleeps and wake once a night for a drink and panadol (if he'll take it!!!)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

    KitiK  (09-10-2015)

  11. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanks
    1,036
    Thanked
    863
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    My 4 yrs 7 months old had this done 2 weeks ago and he has been great. Hasn't complained once of a sore throat. Quite happy to take the jelly though lol.
    Great to hear he's recovered so well. No sore throat, Wow!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Adenoids/grommets and time off school
    By 3bubbys in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-06-2015, 10:12
  2. Adenoids and Grommets
    By alex82 in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-05-2015, 19:16
  3. Tonsils out?
    By Wise Enough in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18-03-2015, 05:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
SRC Pregnancy & Recovery Shorts
Want pain relief during pregnancy, and to continue working and exercising? Fancy a speedy recovery after childbirth? Want to regain your pre-baby body shape fast? Recommended by healthcare professionals, SRC compression products will let your body do its most important work.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!