+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tamtam, Dr Black is performing the surgery. I'm not sure if that's who he saw at the consultation because DH took him and he typically can't remember! Thanks for the reassurance about the anaesthesia. Sounds like your DD's surgery will be quite a bit more complex than ours. Hope it goes well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 4 yrs 7 months old had this done 2 weeks ago and he has been great. Hasn't complained once of a sore throat. Quite happy to take the jelly though lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 7yo dd just had her tonsils and adenoids removed. I agree with the day 5 and 10 comments and the hydration. I also found that if she slept all night, she would wake in the morning in agony as the throat would dry out. A steamy shower or humidifier really helps to keep the passages moist and lessen the pain.... she only had oanadol and nurofen, but we kep that up as per the directions nearly 10 days before it eased off.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (09-10-2015),Bond Girl  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    @Tamtam, Dr Black is performing the surgery. I'm not sure if that's who he saw at the consultation because DH took him and he typically can't remember! Thanks for the reassurance about the anaesthesia. Sounds like your DD's surgery will be quite a bit more complex than ours. Hope it goes well!
    What date are you going in? We don't see ENT until a week and half.
    I think the surgery will be straight forward. It's just the anaesthesia and after care.

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Keep us posted. have you had a pre op appointment? I would imagine it's the same procedure as when DD has had surgery and they will go through the process of going in to theatre etc. At his age they may say you can take him in and cuddle until he is asleep etc. And you can ask questions about recovery and how long etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    What date are you going in? We don't see ENT until a week and half.
    I think the surgery will be straight forward. It's just the anaesthesia and after care.

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Keep us posted. have you had a pre op appointment? I would imagine it's the same procedure as when DD has had surgery and they will go through the process of going in to theatre etc. At his age they may say you can take him in and cuddle until he is asleep etc. And you can ask questions about recovery and how long etc.
    We're going in on the 22nd. No pre op appointment, we only saw them for the first time a couple of weeks ago so it's happening rather quickly, and just have to call the day before for fasting instructions etc. I'll definitely want to stay with him until he's asleep...Think he'll be very stressed otherwise. I'll have to ask them over the phone about all that!

He had a repeat hearing test today for a second opinion and definitely has some hearing loss, so looks like the grommets are going in too!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    My 7yo dd just had her tonsils and adenoids removed. I agree with the day 5 and 10 comments and the hydration. I also found that if she slept all night, she would wake in the morning in agony as the throat would dry out. A steamy shower or humidifier really helps to keep the passages moist and lessen the pain.... she only had oanadol and nurofen, but we kep that up as per the directions nearly 10 days before it eased off.
    Ah thanks I have a humidifier so will use that while he sleeps and wake once a night for a drink and panadol (if he'll take it!!!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    My 4 yrs 7 months old had this done 2 weeks ago and he has been great. Hasn't complained once of a sore throat. Quite happy to take the jelly though lol.
    Great to hear he's recovered so well. No sore throat, Wow!!