+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    That did nothing for nausea and I was really weird on it. I ended up on Ondansetron (Zofran) which was expensive but the side effects on me were so minimal (some constipation).

I'm surprised there is no restavit or similar. Have you tried speaking directly to a pharmacist? I'm not sure how it works over there or if it is the same...

I feel for you. It is horrid to deal with and worse with a demanding toddler.
    We moved here when I was about 26 weeks last time and I asked then and they said they don't have it and I've asked a couple times non-pregnant with just insomnia. When I google you can't find it mentioned on any uk sites and Wikipedia says one formula that used to have it no longer does in the uk. I'll try to see a dr next week and ask about it though. I can order it from this one drug company but they send two costco size bottles which I feel is kinda dangerous! It's a shame, the nausea is totally gone right now but I feel weird everywhere else😞.

When I had morning sickness last time I did wonder how people handle a toddler with it, that's why I was on the verge of tears yesterday, felt so crap and exhausted and DS doesn't stop moving for me. And now I'm starting to feel like an awful person because I'm having thoughts of not wanting to be pregnant because if I can't handle morning sickness and a toddler how can I handle a newborn and toddler?

On a lighter note...yesterday at our music class a little girl vomited everywhere when she arrived and I proceeded to dry heave in front of everyone for the duration of the class 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    We moved here when I was about 26 weeks last time and I asked then and they said they don't have it and I've asked a couple times non-pregnant with just insomnia. When I google you can't find it mentioned on any uk sites and Wikipedia says one formula that used to have it no longer does in the uk. I'll try to see a dr next week and ask about it though. I can order it from this one drug company but they send two costco size bottles which I feel is kinda dangerous! It's a shame, the nausea is totally gone right now but I feel weird everywhere else😞.

When I had morning sickness last time I did wonder how people handle a toddler with it, that's why I was on the verge of tears yesterday, felt so crap and exhausted and DS doesn't stop moving for me. And now I'm starting to feel like an awful person because I'm having thoughts of not wanting to be pregnant because if I can't handle morning sickness and a toddler how can I handle a newborn and toddler?

On a lighter note...yesterday at our music class a little girl vomited everywhere when she arrived and I proceeded to dry heave in front of everyone for the duration of the class 😳
    I do not know if its legal but what if someone buys some in aus and sends it over? Is it available in America? Your fam could send you pickles at the same time lol (my fam is European and I love European style pickles during pregnancy lol).

And I had similar feelings this pregnancy. I could not deal with the sickness and toddler (omg the nappy changes kill me). It gets better which of course does not help when you are in the middle of it.

I just do one day at a time. One morning/afternoon at a time on bad days.

And it drags. I have a pregnancy app I looked at 10 times a day willing time to click over faster.

I hope the dr can provide something else.

Oh and I spent all my time here trying to distract myself when I felt sick.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I do not know if its legal but what if someone buys some in aus and sends it over? Is it available in America? Your fam could send you pickles at the same time lol (my fam is European and I love European style pickles during pregnancy lol).

And I had similar feelings this pregnancy. I could not deal with the sickness and toddler (omg the nappy changes kill me). It gets better which of course does not help when you are in the middle of it.

I just do one day at a time. One morning/afternoon at a time on bad days.

And it drags. I have a pregnancy app I looked at 10 times a day willing time to click over faster.

I hope the dr can provide something else.

Oh and I spent all my time here trying to distract myself when I felt sick.
    Thanks☺️.

I'll just order the costco ones if I get desperate but I'm also in the states next month so I can stock up if needed. I already thought about grabbing a few jars of pickles but then thought--what if they break in my luggage😳.

I've been trying to find 'European pickles' as German/polish ones are usually the same but what I've found so far are so feral, one jar is sweet and sour which whatever they've done just isn't working and then another jar says 'dill' which is usually what American ones say but again just nasty! So we currently have 2 large jars of inedible pickles in the fridge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zofran (Ondestan). Is it available in the UK?
    Only thing that worked, made me feel human again.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just back from the GP and he gave me phenergan, I'm not sure how I feel about that as I've just googled and it's pregnancy category C 😕. The drug that is in Restivat isn't in the uk at all, wasn't even in his book. I can't decide whether to order the restavit from that site I found or give the phanergan a go. Restavit is only category A which I feel better about. Has anybody had phenergan for their morning sickness?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had severe HG and lived off phenergan (while slept I should say !) restavit, zofran and thiamine (vitamin B). As well as daily IV fluid topups. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Just back from the GP and he gave me phenergan, I'm not sure how I feel about that as I've just googled and it's pregnancy category C 😕. The drug that is in Restivat isn't in the uk at all, wasn't even in his book. I can't decide whether to order the restavit from that site I found or give the phanergan a go. Restavit is only category A which I feel better about. Has anybody had phenergan for their morning sickness?
    I *think* it has only shown to possibly cause respiratory issues with bub if taken during labour. It has not shown to cause any issues during baby growth. I'd guess it might be C as it is prob not ok during 3rd tri or late preg (if it makes you feel better my ADs are cat C - safe for 1-2 trimesrer but can cause respiratory issues so not in 3rd). But up to you. There are other options and the dr should've gone through it with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i so recognise your pain. This is my 3rd baby and it's been the worst morning sickness! I was barely coping from 8 weeks, couldn't move from the couch, crying because I felt so sick all of the time (also second guessing my decision to have another baby, so it's also psychologically damaging too!). The day my little toddler asked me why I crying, I rang my dr and he put me on pluriamin (doxilamine), after I could function a bit better and could also eat a little bit more.
    Im not sure how many weeks you are, but I wanted to tell you that I'm now 15 weeks and it's 80% better, not totally normal but I definitely feel myself again. I hope you find the right medicine for you, it can really be the pits, esp if you have more children to look after. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh Holly your tears, your thoughts, everything is exactly how I was and felt and it's bringing back so many memories. I can totally sympathise with you. On really bad days I would wish I wasn't pregnant because then I wouldn't be feeling so sick and then I would feel guilty for thinking that in my head. The problem is, when you are sick 'normally/non-pregnant', you know that in a few days or a week etc, you'll feel better, but when you have m/s, you know it could be months and months of it and it is really depressing.
    The psychological torment at times was brutal, it was a real push and pull feeling.

It's a tough gig, it really is. I have always had severe m/s and apart from the first pregnancy, I have fallen pregnant with toddlers. The last three kids were only 10 months old respectively and it was hard going to say the least. I think I found the last three pregnancies (psychologically) a bit easier to manage in that I was so busy with the other toddlers etc, that I wasn't 100% focused as I was the first pregnancy on how dreadful I was feeling, the others gave me a distraction if that makes sense.

I know you said you were going back to the States next month, and that in the UK you can't find any Restavit. May I suggest you try and get some 'Unisom' in the States, as when I was living in the US, I used to use Unisom for insomnia (I bought it at CVS pharmacy) and it's main ingredients are Doxylamine Succinate which are the same as what's in Restavit from memory.

I hated when the Doctor gave me Maxalon for m/s as it didn't do a thing except gave me the most restless legs on the planet, it drove me batty.
    As for Phenergan, I was told to take phenergan during my first pregnancy as I got the itchy rash (similar to Puups) on my stomach, but that was in the third trimester. I never felt easy taking it, so I know I only took it once or twice.

I really hope it settles for you soon hon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive hugs. As someone who suffered HG until week 24 of my first pregnancy I can totally relate. I would highly recommend getting a script for Zofran if you can- only medication that really worked for me (I was also on Restavit at night, vit B6, Zantac, maxalon which I hated). Apparently vitamin B6 injections can work wonders, worth asking your ob about- I will be asking for these next time around.

Hang in there Mumma and know that those who have been there understand. This too shall pass!!!