+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Is it worth going the preggie drops plus (with B6) do you think? Or just order normal ones?
    Hmmm, I'm not sure, but there's a lot of evidence to say B6 works, so I guess it couldn't hurt to try. I bought many different flavours, but found the 'sour' flavours the best, especially liked the sour lemon and sour Tangerine ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I totally lost my appetite first trimester so I know how you feel with not wanting to eat. I just went with whatever I could manage and threw out my lofty ideals of being this super healthy pregnant woman lol. Muesli bars were in my possession 100% of the time everywhere I went for months for the nausea. Choc chip muesli bars. A few bites settled me enormously. All I really ate for a while was frozen pizza for some reason it's all I could stomach.
    Fingers crossed things get better soon. Have you tried ginger tea? Some fresh ginger chopped and put in a cup of hot water might help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everlet do a ms one that helped me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not sure, but there's a lot of evidence to say B6 works, so I guess it couldn't hurt to try. I bought many different flavours, but found the 'sour' flavours the best, especially liked the sour lemon and sour Tangerine ones.
    Those ended up being the 'drops' so have ordered a box of lollies. Expensive though, cheapest I could find was £7 for a box of 12! I hope I don't finish them on the first day! They were cheaper from American distributors but then the postage costs made it the same so I just ordered the £7 ones as they'll arrive tomorrow. I fly back to the states for Thanksgiving next month so if I'm still suffering I'll stock up while I'm there.

Remind me, does the excess saliva last the whole pregnancy or just the first trimester? So, so gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I totally lost my appetite first trimester so I know how you feel with not wanting to eat. I just went with whatever I could manage and threw out my lofty ideals of being this super healthy pregnant woman lol. Muesli bars were in my possession 100% of the time everywhere I went for months for the nausea. Choc chip muesli bars. A few bites settled me enormously. All I really ate for a while was frozen pizza for some reason it's all I could stomach.
    Fingers crossed things get better soon. Have you tried ginger tea? Some fresh ginger chopped and put in a cup of hot water might help.
    It's funny the day before yesterday I was craving Mexican food like an addict and then woke up yesterday and could only stomach a few bites from a bowl of cereal in the morning and at dinner.

I really feel American pickles would help. If only I could find a brand here that didn't taste like feet 😢.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Those ended up being the 'drops' so have ordered a box of lollies. Expensive though, cheapest I could find was £7 for a box of 12! I hope I don't finish them on the first day! They were cheaper from American distributors but then the postage costs made it the same so I just ordered the £7 ones as they'll arrive tomorrow. I fly back to the states for Thanksgiving next month so if I'm still suffering I'll stock up while I'm there.

Remind me, does the excess saliva last the whole pregnancy or just the first trimester? So, so gross.
    Yeah, that's the downsize with them, they're really expensive unfortunately. Definitely make sure you stock up when you're back in the States, much, much cheaper! I think I nearly had shares in the company by the time I got through 4 pregnancies!

With the saliva, for me, it really was only the first trimester, it really calmed down (thank goodness) once I was over that time.

I'm wondering if this bub of yours is going to be a girl?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ugh!!! I ended up calling the GP yesterday for a prescription because I just felt on the verge of tears all day because the nausea was so intense. GP never called back to actually ask me my symptoms or if I'd taken anything for morning sickness before (dealing with the nhs where I rarely get the same dr), the receptionist called back and said a dr had called in a prescription for me so I went and picked it up. The nausea is now gone but I have the worst restless legs ever! Seriously slept like an hour last night because I can't stop moving and even now awake it's painful to keep them still. Looked up side effects of the pill and restlessness and anxiety are common side effects. Wtf? Did the dr even read my file that I have a history of depression and anxiety?! So, not going to take these anymore. I'm on the hunt for restavit (doxylamine) but it doesn't seem to exist in the UK so I can't find that Evanorm mentioned above since that's an ingredient. I'll check to see if it's available by prescription but I have a feeling it won't be. Annoying because I know restavit works for me with no side effects. Back to feeling gross today😢.

Why are you thinking a girl uniquey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What were you prescribed? Restless legs is horrible. I get it when overtired and during my last pregnancy.

ETA: Prob a girl guess due to bad MS/nausea. I am most likely having a girl and MS was/is loads worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Metachlopromide. I battle with insomnia and regularly and used to get horrible restless legs if I drank too much with my antidepressants and the end of my last pregnancy. My Melbourne OB had me on restavit as he felt it killed two birds with one stone, my morning sickness and pregnancy insomnia. These restless legs are awful though, don't think I'm up for dealing with them to cure the nausea.

I had horrible morning sickness with DS, vomiting until 24 weeks or so so that may blow that theory out the water! No nausea then though but I assume that was the restavit working. I can deal with the vomiting I think...😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Metachlopromide. I battle with insomnia and regularly and used to get horrible restless legs if I drank too much with my antidepressants and the end of my last pregnancy. My Melbourne OB had me on restavit as he felt it killed two birds with one stone, my morning sickness and pregnancy insomnia. These restless legs are awful though, don't think I'm up for dealing with them to cure the nausea.

I had horrible morning sickness with DS, vomiting until 24 weeks or so so that may blow that theory out the water! No nausea then though but I assume that was the restavit working. I can deal with the vomiting I think...😕
    That did nothing for nausea and I was really weird on it. I ended up on Ondansetron (Zofran) which was expensive but the side effects on me were so minimal (some constipation).

I'm surprised there is no restavit or similar. Have you tried speaking directly to a pharmacist? I'm not sure how it works over there or if it is the same...

I feel for you. It is horrid to deal with and worse with a demanding toddler.