+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Morning sickness cures

Morning sickness has hit me hard the past few days and I genuinely can't bring myself to eat. I'm not vomiting too much (probably because I'm not really eating) but the nausea is intense, just the idea of eating makes me dry heave. I had horrible morning sickness with DS but I still had an appetite, I just threw up heaps. I didn't actually feel knocked down and unwell with him but this time my stomach is literally flipping. That said, with DS my OB had me taking restavit which probably helped with the actual nausea but I don't think it's available here in the UK, I'll ask my OB when I see her in a couple of weeks (if I can last!).

Until then, can anyone think of ideas to help ease the nausea? None of the old tricks like dry crackers are working but it's also just hard to get myself to even eat those. American pickles worked a treat for me last time, I think it's the vinegar, but all the jars I've bought over here are absolutely disgusting, the Brits don't know what they're doing. 😔

Eta: peppermint tea is only helping a tiny bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs. I found icy poles helped. ..a little. I had awful ms both times *shudders* . Zofran and maxalon helped but it was still just awful. Hope you can find something that helps ease it for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Morning sickness cures

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    Hugs. I found icy poles helped. ..a little. I had awful ms both times *shudders* . Zofran and maxalon helped but it was still just awful. Hope you can find something that helps ease it for you.
    I forgot about icypoles! Probably because it's getting cold over here. I LOVED hydralyte icypoles when I was pregnant with DS so maybe I'll grab some of those but I also made some diluted juice ones for DS last week when he was unwell that I can give a go. I'm not dehydrated though, I can drink and keep it down I just have absolutely no appetite due to the insane nausea. Maybe I don't need to worry as long as I'm able to drink? Drinking is actually kind of a relief as it gets rid of the disgusting excess saliva taste 😷.

I'm currently at that stage of pregnancy where I'm wondering why on earth I chose to go through this again 😞.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 08-10-2015 at 17:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Big hugs, I suffered terribly with m/s all four pregnancies, so I can certainly sympathise with you hon!

I tried it all, ginger, sea sickness bands, Maxalon, peppermint tea, acupuncture, fruit tingles, but by far and away the best thing I found, was Preggy Pops and Preggy Drops. I preferred the lolly ones and they helped me enormously. I would suck on those and it really did ease it for me. The flavours were very palatable.

So Preggy drops/pops and sea sickness bands and making sure I never had an empty stomach, as that would just exacerbate it. (Though, I was never hungry because I was SO sick!)

Hope it eases for you soon!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am coming out the other side atm. I had to have Zofran. I could not move without dry heaving. I also had preggie pops. Food wise - salt and vinegar chips helped. And I picked at food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Big hugs, I suffered terribly with m/s all four pregnancies, so I can certainly sympathise with you hon!

I tried it all, ginger, sea sickness bands, Maxalon, peppermint tea, acupuncture, fruit tingles, but by far and away the best thing I found, was Preggy Pops and Preggy Drops. I preferred the lolly ones and they helped me enormously. I would suck on those and it really did ease it for me. The flavours were very palatable.

So Preggy drops/pops and sea sickness bands and making sure I never had an empty stomach, as that would just exacerbate it. (Though, I was never hungry because I was SO sick!)

Hope it eases for you soon!
    Thanks! Firstly, I need to google fruit tingles as I always see people mention them on here but I have no idea what they are! Also preggy drops/pops, hopefully they have them over here, maybe amazon? Does the chemist have seasickness bands? I was thinking yesterday that I just need something to suck on as the ridiculous amount of saliva is definitely part of the problem and something changing the flavor would probably help heaps. I'm currently having a cup of peppermint tea which is helping, maybe I just need to have one constantly made. I know my empty tummy is making it worse but the idea of eating....ugh. I've had a few spoonfuls of oats with yogurt that is staying down so far.

Off to amazon to search for these preggy things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iherb have preggie pops. And the lollies are better. Specifically the apple ones lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haha! Fruit tingles are Lifesavers!

A quick google has shown me preggie pop drops on amazon, sour flavor. I'll hop on the computer to see if I can find more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is it worth going the preggie drops plus (with B6) do you think? Or just order normal ones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Thanks! Firstly, I need to google fruit tingles as I always see people mention them on here but I have no idea what they are! Also preggy drops/pops, hopefully they have them over here, maybe amazon? Does the chemist have seasickness bands? I was thinking yesterday that I just need something to suck on as the ridiculous amount of saliva is definitely part of the problem and something changing the flavor would probably help heaps. I'm currently having a cup of peppermint tea which is helping, maybe I just need to have one constantly made. I know my empty tummy is making it worse but the idea of eating....ugh. I've had a few spoonfuls of oats with yogurt that is staying down so far.

Off to amazon to search for these preggy things!
    The excess saliva is exactly what used to make me feel worse, therefore sucking on the Preggy drops (lollies) constantly was such a relief. I used to order mine online from the USA. I bought my sea sickness bands at the Chemist and just kept them on all the time lol!

Fruit Tingles (Australian lolies) are lollies made by Lifesavers brand and are tingly when you suck on them. Apparently fruit tingles are also a cocktail, lol, but that's not the ones I mean!

If you're coping on Peppermint tea for now, definitely keep trying to have that as baby sips all day, if anything it wil help keep you hydrated.