+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked
    80
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I got in for a doctors appointment today and have come out feeling totally disheartened. The Dr came straight out and said I need a repeat C-section. She said baby is 4.1kgs at 37 weeks and just doesn't think I will be able to birth her naturally. She basically said attempting a VBAC will end in another emergancy c-section.

    She booked me in for the 22nd of October. I asked if I could try for a VBAC if I go into labour naturally before then and she said I could 'try'.

    So now I'm torn between trying to induce labour naturally and try for a VBAC or just accept that I will never be able to have a baby naturally.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,968
    Thanks
    3,683
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was told because of my fundal height I should abandon vbac plans ( was measuring a few weeks,ahead too) but they admitted the fundal height isn't often accurate anyway.

    I decided to go ahead with vbac and was successful having dd at 39 weeks and 7pound 7. She was actually smaller than my first!

    If you are otherwise a good candidate for a vbac I'd ignore the fundal height. Have they offered u a scan to check size?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (09-10-2015)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,968
    Thanks
    3,683
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leettieb View Post
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I got in for a doctors appointment today and have come out feeling totally disheartened. The Dr came straight out and said I need a repeat C-section. She said baby is 4.1kgs at 37 weeks and just doesn't think I will be able to birth her naturally. She basically said attempting a VBAC will end in another emergancy c-section.

    She booked me in for the 22nd of October. I asked if I could try for a VBAC if I go into labour naturally before then and she said I could 'try'.

    So now I'm torn between trying to induce labour naturally and try for a VBAC or just accept that I will never be able to have a baby naturally.
    I was told the same thing.

    I'd still go ahead with vbac if I were in your shoes. I'd at least give it a go.

    Best of luck with your decision. I know its hard

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (09-10-2015)

  6. #14
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,726
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leettieb View Post
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I got in for a doctors appointment today and have come out feeling totally disheartened. The Dr came straight out and said I need a repeat C-section. She said baby is 4.1kgs at 37 weeks and just doesn't think I will be able to birth her naturally. She basically said attempting a VBAC will end in another emergancy c-section.

    She booked me in for the 22nd of October. I asked if I could try for a VBAC if I go into labour naturally before then and she said I could 'try'.

    So now I'm torn between trying to induce labour naturally and try for a VBAC or just accept that I will never be able to have a baby naturally.
    This makes me mad. Sorry but she is full of shizz. 4.1kg?! She's making it up. They can't actually tell exactly how big they are. I was told at a scan at 35 weeks that I had another giant baby and would need another c-section- exactly the same scenario as you, they wanted to book me in etc. If you want to give vbac a go, there's no reason you can't if there's no actual danger to the baby. The fact that they THINK it MIGHT be big is NOT a good enough reason IMO.
    what gestation will you be on the 22nd? My plan was to go to 41 weeks and then have an elective, as long as there were no other issues than 'big baby' in the meanwhile. Luckily my DD came 3 days early, and I never had to fight that fight. And guess what? Turns out she's actually quite small somehow my giant baby shrunk in the last 4 weeks.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

    SoThisIsLove  (09-10-2015)

  8. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,968
    Thanks
    3,683
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find they really try and push c sections. More convenient for them. Makes me mad too

  9. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked
    80
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This makes me mad. Sorry but she is full of shizz. 4.1kg?! She's making it up. They can't actually tell exactly how big they are. I was told at a scan at 35 weeks that I had another giant baby and would need another c-section- exactly the same scenario as you, they wanted to book me in etc. If you want to give vbac a go, there's no reason you can't if there's no actual danger to the baby. The fact that they THINK it MIGHT be big is NOT a good enough reason IMO.
    what gestation will you be on the 22nd? My plan was to go to 41 weeks and then have an elective, as long as there were no other issues than 'big baby' in the meanwhile. Luckily my DD came 3 days early, and I never had to fight that fight. And guess what? Turns out she's actually quite small somehow my giant baby shrunk in the last 4 weeks.
    It's funny cause I feel so empowered and confident after every midwife appointment I have, but I come out of the doctors appointments feeling totally miserable.

    I'll be 39+2 on the 22nd. I asked her what's accuracy of the scan and she told me 100g up or down :/

  10. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,968
    Thanks
    3,683
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How are u feeling op?
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 10-10-2015 at 21:31.

  11. #18
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,726
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leettieb View Post
    It's funny cause I feel so empowered and confident after every midwife appointment I have, but I come out of the doctors appointments feeling totally miserable.

    I'll be 39+2 on the 22nd. I asked her what's accuracy of the scan and she told me 100g up or down :/
    That's EXACTLY how I felt! My tactic was to listen to the midwives and just smile and nod when the doctors start talking

  12. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,457
    Thanks
    662
    Thanked
    318
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you not worried about complications of having a big baby? Shoulder dystocia, nerve damage etc

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-10-2015)

  14. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,204
    Thanked
    3,904
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Are you not worried about complications of having a big baby? Shoulder dystocia, nerve damage etc
    As to which poster?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Large Dogs
    By rubytuesday24 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-05-2015, 20:11
  2. Large family TTC again
    By TTC7 in forum Parents with large families
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-04-2015, 18:48
  3. Sizes of babies & labors of your 2nd & subsequent babies
    By Snooze in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 14-02-2015, 20:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!