+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I got in for a doctors appointment today and have come out feeling totally disheartened. The Dr came straight out and said I need a repeat C-section. She said baby is 4.1kgs at 37 weeks and just doesn't think I will be able to birth her naturally. She basically said attempting a VBAC will end in another emergancy c-section.

She booked me in for the 22nd of October. I asked if I could try for a VBAC if I go into labour naturally before then and she said I could 'try'.

So now I'm torn between trying to induce labour naturally and try for a VBAC or just accept that I will never be able to have a baby naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was told because of my fundal height I should abandon vbac plans ( was measuring a few weeks,ahead too) but they admitted the fundal height isn't often accurate anyway.

I decided to go ahead with vbac and was successful having dd at 39 weeks and 7pound 7. She was actually smaller than my first!

If you are otherwise a good candidate for a vbac I'd ignore the fundal height. Have they offered u a scan to check size?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leettieb View Post
    Thanks for everyone's replies. I got in for a doctors appointment today and have come out feeling totally disheartened. The Dr came straight out and said I need a repeat C-section. She said baby is 4.1kgs at 37 weeks and just doesn't think I will be able to birth her naturally. She basically said attempting a VBAC will end in another emergancy c-section.

She booked me in for the 22nd of October. I asked if I could try for a VBAC if I go into labour naturally before then and she said I could 'try'.

So now I'm torn between trying to induce labour naturally and try for a VBAC or just accept that I will never be able to have a baby naturally.
    I was told the same thing.

I'd still go ahead with vbac if I were in your shoes. I'd at least give it a go.

Best of luck with your decision. I know its hard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (09-10-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

This makes me mad. Sorry but she is full of shizz. 4.1kg?! She's making it up. They can't actually tell exactly how big they are. I was told at a scan at 35 weeks that I had another giant baby and would need another c-section- exactly the same scenario as you, they wanted to book me in etc. If you want to give vbac a go, there's no reason you can't if there's no actual danger to the baby. The fact that they THINK it MIGHT be big is NOT a good enough reason IMO.
    what gestation will you be on the 22nd? My plan was to go to 41 weeks and then have an elective, as long as there were no other issues than 'big baby' in the meanwhile. Luckily my DD came 3 days early, and I never had to fight that fight. And guess what? Turns out she's actually quite small somehow my giant baby shrunk in the last 4 weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find they really try and push c sections. More convenient for them. Makes me mad too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This makes me mad. Sorry but she is full of shizz. 4.1kg?! She's making it up. They can't actually tell exactly how big they are. I was told at a scan at 35 weeks that I had another giant baby and would need another c-section- exactly the same scenario as you, they wanted to book me in etc. If you want to give vbac a go, there's no reason you can't if there's no actual danger to the baby. The fact that they THINK it MIGHT be big is NOT a good enough reason IMO.
    what gestation will you be on the 22nd? My plan was to go to 41 weeks and then have an elective, as long as there were no other issues than 'big baby' in the meanwhile. Luckily my DD came 3 days early, and I never had to fight that fight. And guess what? Turns out she's actually quite small somehow my giant baby shrunk in the last 4 weeks.
    It's funny cause I feel so empowered and confident after every midwife appointment I have, but I come out of the doctors appointments feeling totally miserable.

I'll be 39+2 on the 22nd. I asked her what's accuracy of the scan and she told me 100g up or down :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are u feeling op?
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 10-10-2015 at 21:31.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's funny cause I feel so empowered and confident after every midwife appointment I have, but I come out of the doctors appointments feeling totally miserable.

I'll be 39+2 on the 22nd. I asked her what's accuracy of the scan and she told me 100g up or down :/
    That's EXACTLY how I felt! My tactic was to listen to the midwives and just smile and nod when the doctors start talking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you not worried about complications of having a big baby? Shoulder dystocia, nerve damage etc

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    Are you not worried about complications of having a big baby? Shoulder dystocia, nerve damage etc
    As to which poster?