Closed Thread
Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering what those have decided to do with their children/future children in regard to their last names?

DP and I have chosen to hyphenate our baby's. We're also opting for no middle name as her last name will be long enough!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Never used Elonva sorry Mummasheesh!

TandR- I took DPs surname when I was pregnant (mine was already hyphenated, and I wanted him to have her much nicer and easier surname. Her family also don't have anyone else to carry on the family name which isn't a big thing but I thought it would help them bond with DS).m, so we all share the same last name and DSs middle name is my dad's name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

@A&S that's a great bump!! You haven't got too long to go! How exciting! Have you picked a name?
    @Chekry - where's your bump at? You're holding out on us!
    @Mummasheesh I've never heard about the slow releases so can't be much help. Even on the daily needles I felt quite normal til the end where I felt really full and heavy.
    @TandR can't wait to see some pics! How exciting! As for surname, we weren't sure how we wanted to do it but decided that we didn't want a hyphenated name therefore wouldn't give the kids one.

We will be having a ceremony before any bub arrives and DP will be taking my surname (works out well for timing) and the kids will then have that same name. DP is extremely close to my family and loves how we are a close knit unit and therefore wants herself and the kids to share the same name as us. I'm perfectly happy with that too. I love her family but we definitely have a different bond with mine. Partly because of location and also because my family are the warm and fuzzy kind and she's a sucker for that 😜 so short answer, we will all have the same surname 😊
    Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 13-01-2016 at 18:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep picked a name and then my mums name will be her middle name. Bub will take DPs last name and I guess one day I'll get around to changing mine too but for now that's all a bit too much like hard work. I love that Bub will have DPs surname because DP won't ever have her own bio children so it's kind of nice

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare;
    [MENTION=127756
    Chekry - where's your bump at? You're holding out on us!
    K refuses to have any bump shots taken at this stage. If I can get one I'll post. In the mean time here is a shot of the cot betting we picked up in the Boxing Day sales ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452671533.338274.jpg

In terms of surnames K decided that my last name didn't work with hers and took mine when we were married in 2009. Still remember the homophobic cow at BDM who was like "were's the husbands name on this marriage certificate? you have to have a husband" ended up having to speak to a supervisor to get the application processed.

-C ☺️

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chekry For This Useful Post:

almai  (13-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So now you have me curious @A&S... How does everyone feel about sharing names before the birth? Are you for or against it and why? I don't know where I sit on this because I always love hearing about names but don't know if I would share... What does everyone else think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Cute bed set Chekry!

DS was named before he was conceived and pretty much everyone knew once we found out he was a boy that he was Toby.

The trick is to not ask opinions or you'll get them.

We were adamant he was Toby and never got a bad comment (but his name is awesome and faultless 😂).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

almai  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We mentioned names in the early stages without being set on one. The name I now really like most people liked. But yes, from here on out, DP and I agreed no more opinions from people, only we have to like the name we choose!

The name I really like is uncommon. Although I did meet a little girl with it at my local Christmas carols and she melted my heart! I thought it was a sign to go with it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

almai  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @TNTH. It's not really a secret although it's mostly just our close friends and family that know. We have picked Hazel for her first name we haven't officially announced it and won't until her birth.

Obviously we adore her name but we know not everyone likes it. I've never asked anyone what they thought because we would never have changed our minds. I think it's growing on our family who perhaps thought it was a bit old fashioned. Nobody actually said anything but you can always tell.

One thing I regret.... Telling people the sex. Oh how I wished we had kept that a secret. I'm glad we know but my god the ugly pink, frilly stuff that just keeps moving into (and very quickly out of) our house is just awful. Neither DP or I are frilly pink girls But for some reason DPs family are hell bent on turning our baby into one.
    We definitely won't be telling people the sex of our next baby.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

almai  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh I love Hazel!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

A&S  (13-01-2016)