Closed Thread
Page 75 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    @gillpill welcome to the TWW! Hope it goes nice and quickly for you! Do you have any booster shots during the TWW?
    @Grannyblank I hope the clinic can get you guys back on the IVF merry go round nice and quickly! I also hope you get some beautiful embryos from the next pick up!
    No booster shots. I think because it's first time and aged 28 with no health issues they are just going to try without. Because I surged they bumped up the procedure by a few days and no trigger shot for O. Just told me they would call in 2 weeks if I haven't called them with any news.

So just continue to read everyone here's stories and follow their progresses while I wait. When's your next appointment Tortoise?

Thanks grannyblank I'm hoping it flies by!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

Oh that's awesome! Means you can test at home!!! Woooo! Lol. Does that mean you will test at 12dpo?

I have a scan to see how I'm tracking on Wednesday which is exciting! I hope I'm close to ovulating but I'm predicting I'll need more bloods and another scan on Friday. I'm thinking I might trigger next Friday for O and then and then transfer will be 3 days after O. All assumptions at the moment though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're going to try wait until the 22nd but who knows if we will make it!

I know what you mean about assumptions. Pretty much in the dark until need to know kind of thing. Not 100% sure but think the FS said sperm count was 35million? I remember thinking.... Is that good?? Lol no idea just put it in there!

Hope your body is on track and you can begin 2016 with good news

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gillpill For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    14dpo? Wow! I hope you stay strong! If I wasn't on boosters I would be a hpt addict and in true nutcase style I would be testing from 11dpo!

I think it's great that you want to hold out though! It's probably better for your sanity! I'll have everything crossed for you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

gillpill  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoo hoo, CD1 for us today and green light from bloods and scans to start injections on Sunday. Which is great because I've felt so nervous for the past 2 months having all this expensive medication in the cheese section of my fridge, will be good to finally get it out and use it!

As a side point, after all the discussion about donor sibs I had a little peek at the fb site, kind of accidentally joined and within seconds found 2 families, one of whom is in touch with our donor! Eeek, wasn't prepared for that. Think I'll leave the group for a bit and think it all through. Amazing (and scary) what you can find on Facebook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummasheesh View Post
    Whoo hoo, CD1 for us today and green light from bloods and scans to start injections on Sunday. Which is great because I've felt so nervous for the past 2 months having all this expensive medication in the cheese section of my fridge, will be good to finally get it out and use it!

As a side point, after all the discussion about donor sibs I had a little peek at the fb site, kind of accidentally joined and within seconds found 2 families, one of whom is in touch with our donor! Eeek, wasn't prepared for that. Think I'll leave the group for a bit and think it all through. Amazing (and scary) what you can find on Facebook!
    Good luck for your cycle and EPU!! It's exciting that you will be putting the meds to use! Can't wait to hear how you go!

As for the donor thing - that's exciting and scary all at the same time. I was tempted to do the same but then thought if I find anything on there it can't be unseen haha. I don't know if I could keep that info from the kids in future but don't really want to tell them about half siblings before they decide they want to know so I'll stick my head in the sand for now!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

Mummasheesh  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Okay so you must be having a boy in the future because for some reason I assumed you had a son! Interesting.... Lol. Sorry about that! That's wonderful that you have a little girl!

We haven't had any issues doing egg sharing and Medicare have accepted it without question - not actually sure why they don't care! We both had EPU and both hope to carry so they would have seen that there was no reason we couldn't use our own embies instead of each other's. Sucks that we have clicked over to a new year because now we need to hit the threshold all over again! Means this next FET (frozen embryo transfer) is going to be costly!
    Hi Tortoise, sorry it took me a while to respond, it's hard to keep up with all these posts, I'm not sure how you all manage .

I'll have fingers crossed for your FET, hope it goes well, did you say before that it will be sometime this month? EXCITING! And that's great that getting the go ahead to egg share was easy. Not that it was hard for us but they said if it wasn't for medical reasons then we'd be looking at surrogacy (even though it would be DP carrying) and the costs would be sky high so we had to put our case forward to them to approve for medicare. Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere but did you do EPU at a similar time or some time apart? Guess the laws might be different in QLD.

I know what you mean about clicking over to new year I am totally head in the sand when it comes to the whole cost thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've still got a pen of gonal f and orgalutron from Nov 2014 stim cycle in the fridge. Not sure what to do with them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tortoise, sorry it took me a while to respond, it's hard to keep up with all these posts, I'm not sure how you all manage .

I'll have fingers crossed for your FET, hope it goes well, did you say before that it will be sometime this month? EXCITING! And that's great that getting the go ahead to egg share was easy. Not that it was hard for us but they said if it wasn't for medical reasons then we'd be looking at surrogacy (even though it would be DP carrying) and the costs would be sky high so we had to put our case forward to them to approve for medicare. Sorry if you've already answered this somewhere but did you do EPU at a similar time or some time apart? Guess the laws might be different in QLD.

I know what you mean about clicking over to new year I am totally head in the sand when it comes to the whole cost thing!
    Yeah the legislation varies in each state and also different rules between different clinics too! We went through egg pick up at the same time and both get the same amount of mature eggs collected but we ended up with no embryos from me for DP to use and but she produced 9 embryos for us to use! I'll stim again at some point in the future and hopefully give her something to use but that will probably be for baby number 2 if I can get pregnant with one of her embryos that we have. If we run out then I'll stim again and try and get her to carry first but I'd also be pretty worried that there was something seriously wrong if none of those work.... Hopefully that doesn't happen 😐

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I think with all the donor chat, curiosity definitely got the better of me.

Last night I think I could have found our donor in under 5 minutes. I kind of told DP in exclamation but then realised I might have bursted our 'fantasy' bubble. She wasn't upset, but it was more than enough to leave that book closed. Needless to say, our child probably won't struggle to find him if it's something they ever want to do.