Closed Thread
Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Personally we would never initiate any contact with them and probably not with any siblings either because we would like to leave that completely up to the children to do when they are older. We would absolutely support them but we wouldn't open that line of communication or connection on their behalf.

That's also made me think I wouldn't try to find out about any other siblings because we would either let them do the research and find out or we could do it as a family 😊 I wouldn't want to know because then I would feel like we should tell them and then it becomes a bit like extended family and that's the whole reason we wanted an anonymous donor in the first place.. To avoid all that. That's just for us though.
    Exactly this. I actually got rid of the piece of paper i originally took the details down on and have forgotten all the specifics. Up to the kids now.

I do think it's great that they will have the opportunity to find out more if they so desire though.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Its Me For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (07-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

Quote Originally Posted by gillpill View Post
    Sorry to interrupt but wanted to update- took OPK today and am surging so am booked in for IUI procedure tomorrow. Nervous but excited. Thrown off a bit seeing as it's a few days earlier than anticipated but happy
    That's awesome!!!! So exciting that you're getting the show on the road! Wishing you all the luck in the world that you have some beginners luck and get your BFP straight away!
    Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 07-01-2016 at 15:45.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

gillpill  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear of everyone's feedback.

I must admit there is definitely a curiousity there regarding other people using the same donor as us.

Although, I think for now we'll leave it up to our child(ren) to decide. I know I wouldn't advocate the children initiating any contact with their donor until they are 18, but once they choose to at that age, I'm definitely happy for them to go down that path.

Our donor is Australian, sometimes I find myself staring at men wondering if that's the donor. Hugely unlikely but you never know!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could pass them on the street and not even know it! Does that mean you haven't seen an adult pic of the donor?

If we change clinics then we may end up with a donor from NSW as the other clinic has plenty of them and few US donors but I'm worried that our future kids might one day meet someone related and not even know it. I know it's crazy because the chances are so slim but there would be more family (and extended family) for a NSW donor than another couple who have used the same donor from the US. I'm already thinking about what to do and we don't even know if we will need to change clinics or donors! Talk about worrying for nothing and over planning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TandR, it feels sooo lovely to find other people on a similar/same journey, I had no idea so many people were egg sharing - how awesome! Congrats for your 27 weeks, super exciting and not too long to go

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummasheesh For This Useful Post:

TandR  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    You could pass them on the street and not even know it! Does that mean you haven't seen an adult pic of the donor?

If we change clinics then we may end up with a donor from NSW as the other clinic has plenty of them and few US donors but I'm worried that our future kids might one day meet someone related and not even know it. I know it's crazy because the chances are so slim but there would be more family (and extended family) for a NSW donor than another couple who have used the same donor from the US. I'm already thinking about what to do and we don't even know if we will need to change clinics or donors! Talk about worrying for nothing and over planning!
    No, we only were supplied with 3 photos of him as a child. I think it's to do with the fact that he is Australian and could identify him if we came into contact. Clinics also have to uphold that their donation is anonymous until the donor conceived child reaches 18.

Hoping you guys don't have to go down the path of switching clinics because you get your BFP first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep that makes sense and is probably a good thing. Even if we changed we could choose a US donor but they only have a handful of those. It's okay we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it. I'm still thinking 2016 will be kind to us. I'm trying to stay positive and hey we planned on starting in Jan so maybe the others were just a warm up?! Maybe we were always supposed to start this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Officially in our very first TWW today. Will test the 22nd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gillpill For This Useful Post:

almai  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gillpill the 2ww can be very exciting! (And at times, the worst!) best of luck with it. Finding siblings has never crossed my mind until I read it here, I never thought it would be possible! I think there would be loads out there! Our donor is from the U.S., and they have a limit of 25 families per donor, so I think I'd be frightened by what I found out! Our donor is still on their website available for purchase!
    Hoping 2016 is fantastic for everyone! We are waiting for our clinic to reopen so we can find out what drugs to go on so we don't end up with 0 embryos after pick up like last time..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Grannyblank For This Useful Post:

gillpill  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gillpill welcome to the TWW! Hope it goes nice and quickly for you! Do you have any booster shots during the TWW?
    @Grannyblank I hope the clinic can get you guys back on the IVF merry go round nice and quickly! I also hope you get some beautiful embryos from the next pick up!