Closed Thread
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Okay so you must be having a boy in the future because for some reason I assumed you had a son! Interesting.... Lol. Sorry about that! That's wonderful that you have a little girl!

There's a couple of us using Fertility First at the moment but doing IVF and still not falling straight away 😔

We haven't had any issues doing egg sharing and Medicare have accepted it without question - not actually sure why they don't care! We both had EPU and both hope to carry so they would have seen that there was no reason we couldn't use our own embies instead of each other's. Sucks that we have clicked over to a new year because now we need to hit the threshold all over again! Means this next FET (frozen embryo transfer) is going to be costly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Mummasheesh.

My DP and I egg shared to conceive our first (I'm almost 27 weeks). I hope you are successful once moving to IVF. Sorry the IUI's didn't work.

Happy to answer any q's you have. So far we have found the experience a positive one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

Mummasheesh  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And for those who already have had a child, are you on the donor sibling registry/network? I'm not entirely sure how that all works but interested to know if anyone knows of existing half siblings through the donor?

I'm a bit hesitant to go down that path, if at all, due to the unknown.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TandR View Post
    And for those who already have had a child, are you on the donor sibling registry/network? I'm not entirely sure how that all works but interested to know if anyone knows of existing half siblings through the donor?

I am on a fb group for people using the cryobank we got our sperm from. Through there I discovered that DS has a donor sister who lives in the states. I'm friends with her two moms on Facebook now. We don't really chat much, but it's nice to see how our babies are growing. They look quite alike too!

If we ever go to America we would probably try to catch up for a coffee but that is it. I was totally against it to start with but when he was born curiosity got the better of me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rainbow road do you mind sending me the name of the Facebook group? I'm curious about our donor even though we haven't got our BFP yet. I found a group (not sure if it's the same one) and whilst it's a closed group, you can see the members that are in it and I don't really want to join it for that reason. We are keeping our TTC journey completely private so don't want to appear on the group.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    @rainbow road do you mind sending me the name of the Facebook group? I'm curious about our donor even though we haven't got our BFP yet. I found a group (not sure if it's the same one) and whilst it's a closed group, you can see the members that are in it and I don't really want to join it for that reason. We are keeping our TTC journey completely private so don't want to appear on the group.
    Will pm you on fb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TandR View Post

Once we had had our DS we were able to ask the donor program about other babies from our donor and were given a verbal list of gender and year of birth which was enough for me to know that I'd rather not have anymore info for now...DS and siblings can, of course, do as they wish when they are 18 but DP and I are not really interested in knowing any more. I think the more you know the more curiosity would get the better of me...you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, been reading along but pretty quiet on the posting front.

For anyone who has used an Australian anon donor, what are your thoughts on contacting the donor prior to your child's 18th birthday? Is this something you're interested in initiating, or would you leave it up to the child to decide what they would like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally we would never initiate any contact with them and probably not with any siblings either because we would like to leave that completely up to the children to do when they are older. We would absolutely support them but we wouldn't open that line of communication or connection on their behalf.

That's also made me think I wouldn't try to find out about any other siblings because we would either let them do the research and find out or we could do it as a family 😊 I wouldn't want to know because then I would feel like we should tell them and then it becomes a bit like extended family and that's the whole reason we wanted an anonymous donor in the first place.. To avoid all that. That's just for us though.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (07-01-2016),Its Me  (07-01-2016),SJ565  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to interrupt but wanted to update- took OPK today and am surging so am booked in for IUI procedure tomorrow. Nervous but excited. Thrown off a bit seeing as it's a few days earlier than anticipated but happy

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gillpill For This Useful Post:

almai  (07-01-2016),TortoiseNotTheHare  (07-01-2016)