Closed Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @almai I have to stay I am feeling pretty positive. Not necessarily because I think things will be easy but more because DP and I have gone into this with a great headspace. We have been really good with talking things through and celebrating the little milestones throughout the way. The way we see it is every step forward is one step closer to having a baby and that's a good thing in our books! Looking forward to seeing how things go this week!! 😁

How are you and DP feeling? Have you guys started buying anything?

How is everyone else?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-10-2015)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We haven't bought anything yet.
    We will get ds a single bed at some stage and move his furniture into the new nursery. We will probably start buying things after we find out gender in 6-7 weeks. We have lots of ideas of what we want though!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dp is lapping up the "I'm pregnant and need to rest, eat junk and watch Netflix all day" mode.
    It's a little frustrating BUT I'm glad I'm not pregnant and suffering HG!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm interesting. That's something I want to conscious of if and when I'm knocked up. I don't want DP to not enjoy my being pregnant lol. We have TV days every so often but I really want to try and stay active because I'm scared to death of packing on a lot of weight especially since I just lost a whole heap!

Hopefully she moves out of that stage and takes some of the load off you x

rainbow road is online now look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's quite a fine line isn't it? Being pregnant grants special privileges but not necessarily a free pass out of other responsibilities.

I will be super conscious of having DP as involved as possible, if this works and I get pregnant with one of my frosties. I can't begin to imagine how hard it will be for her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

almai  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has she spoken to you about how she feels @rainbow road? I'm sure ultimately she wants another baby and sibling for Toby but has she told shared any of the other feelings she might have? I'd imagine it would be bittersweet for her when you get that BFP but if you guys have a plan to have more children then you can work towards her trying again and that might help her to process it all. Do you know how many kiddies you want?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Has she spoken to you about how she feels @rainbow road? I'm sure ultimately she wants another baby and sibling for Toby but has she told shared any of the other feelings she might have? I'd imagine it would be bittersweet for her when you get that BFP but if you guys have a plan to have more children then you can work towards her trying again and that might help her to process it all. Do you know how many kiddies you want?
    She is sad. No doubt. But we are definitely planning more and when she's had a little break we will re-focus and work on her getting everything ready to try again for number 3. We would like 4 in an ideal world but not sure we can afford it. Definitely 3 though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome that your plan was to have more though because then you are able to work towards her carrying again in the future. I guess one of you would have to have carried twice anyway so this might just swap the order up a little but will still work out in the end!

We just had our scans and bloods done. DP will have pick up on Friday and has about 10 good sized follies in each ovary (FS stopped counting)! They are also going to put her on an IV and meds straight after pick up to try and ease the pain of overstimming which we were already prepared for because of her PCO. My egg pick up will be on Monday which is great because it means we can drive each other there and back!! We were a little worried that we might have pick up on the same day but it's worked out nicely. I have about 11 good sized follies so hopefully will get a few snow babies for DP to use later down the track 😊

We still aren't sure if we are going to have a transfer this cycle or if we will wait until next month. They have given me the bloods for a pregnancy test just in case we decide to which made my stomach flutter with excitement. It feels so real now! My words to DP after we went across and submitted our booking forms to the hospital... "Sh!t just got real!" 😆

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How super exciting!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (12-10-2015)