Closed Thread
Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had aunt flow back pains this morning and since yesterday so much pressure.. Cramps have seemed to stop now, but still good to keep options open..
    We are only allowed to do 2 IUI'S at our clinic with donor sperm then more to IVF and change donor.. We have been on the IVF wait list since July so should be up the top after Christmas..
    I might have to ring the clinic and ask about medi care, with the IUI's it was all non medi care and we paid full. I think we can hand in for medi care forms but no rebate on last two cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow that's crazy that it's different in each state. I know that they do Medicare rebates on IUI at our clinic but you need to have reached the safety net to get the most back kind of thing. It is good to keep yourself informed and almost have a back up plan ready to go but I'm hoping you won't need it! Maybe call Medicare as well to see what they say? I think it depends on the clinic and what they submit as well.

Would you travel interstate to avoid the wait list? There's no wait list in NSW or ACT if that helps. Might be another option although you might want a bit of a break over Christmas anyways.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did think about going interstate but I think with all the appointments work would not allow it.
    Only 3 months till Christmas so I think if this cycle does end in a bust we will build our savings again then start IVF. All along we decided if these two did not work we would move to take my partners eggs and put them back to me.. I will ring medi care and find out though thank you for your help 😀.
    Still got my fingers crossed for this cycle but helps knowing we have a plan to move onto

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hope it's not AF Hun xx

It is always good to have a plan B, just in case. I'm a planner and I found having our next steps laid out really helped move on from negative results.

I'm just hoping our plan E works!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

NandM  (11-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

Quote Originally Posted by NandM View Post
    We did think about going interstate but I think with all the appointments work would not allow it.
    Only 3 months till Christmas so I think if this cycle does end in a bust we will build our savings again then start IVF. All along we decided if these two did not work we would move to take my partners eggs and put them back to me.. I will ring medi care and find out though thank you for your help 😀.
    Still got my fingers crossed for this cycle but helps knowing we have a plan to move onto
    That's great that you have thought about that. Hopefully you won't need to go down that path but if you do then egg sharing could be a wonderful experience.

I have everything crossed that our plan to egg share works because I think it would be an amazing bonding experience for the baby to have part of both of us in them. It blows my mind that DP's embryo can form into a little bubba through my body. Gotta love science!!

Rainbow road - hopefully plan E is all you need!! When's your next appointment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have bloods on Friday and a scan on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I'll be triggering sat night though, based on my body's usual ovulation patterns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that's not far off!! So you could be having your transfer at the beginning of next week?! How exciting!

We are expected to have egg pick up at some stage this week but we shall see! I have a feeling that I might end up stimming for longer. DP has PCO and is feeling pretty tender so I think she'll have her egg pick up before me. I feel achy almost like I'm due for a period?!!

If DP has her collection before or at the same time as me then it means I can have a transfer this cycle but we aren't sure if we want to do that or freeze all until next month. We have left it to the universe and said we will base our decision on how many embryos we get from hers so time will tell! We might end up with a transfer around the same time or maybe not 😂 who freaking knows!

Hope my sense of humour stays throughout this journey and that I can still laugh at the uncertainty of everything later down the track! So odd for me because I am the type of person that has to be in control of situations and needs to know options and how things will play out and be well prepared etc. Yet I feel completely calm knowing pretty much nothing!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (11-10-2015),Dougy  (11-10-2015)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love your positive attitude TNTH!

Sorry to hear of a BFN RR lots of sticky dust for your next transfer. Hope you and dp are both ok and staying positive with the decision to swap back. Xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (11-10-2015)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Fx for you NandM!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

NandM  (11-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Wow that's not far off!! So you could be having your transfer at the beginning of next week?! How exciting!

We are expected to have egg pick up at some stage this week but we shall see! I have a feeling that I might end up stimming for longer. DP has PCO and is feeling pretty tender so I think she'll have her egg pick up before me. I feel achy almost like I'm due for a period?!!

If DP has her collection before or at the same time as me then it means I can have a transfer this cycle but we aren't sure if we want to do that or freeze all until next month. We have left it to the universe and said we will base our decision on how many embryos we get from hers so time will tell! We might end up with a transfer around the same time or maybe not ������ who freaking knows!

Hope my sense of humour stays throughout this journey and that I can still laugh at the uncertainty of everything later down the track! So odd for me because I am the type of person that has to be in control of situations and needs to know options and how things will play out and be well prepared etc. Yet I feel completely calm knowing pretty much nothing!
    Good luck! you've got the right attitude! I had PCO and stimmed for a very short time. DP stimmed for ages. Over 2 weeks I think. Yeah I think my transfer will be wed or thurs, possibly friday next week!