Closed Thread
Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

Only through clinics that use xytex though and that's only FF in NSW.

No way in hell would either of us go near CFC again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if you'd be considering it @rainbowroad but we couldn't speak highly enough of IVFA for DP. Our doctor in particular was just amazing and did not give up on DP being able to stim and provide the eggs. When the embryologist said DP's eggs were 'not so great' our doc was already considering changes to a future cycle for DP to take account her egg quality.

We decided against another cycle at that point (at this stage we didn't think we'd be left with any embryos to use) we were just going to move to me using mine, but had our little embryo not made it, our doc I feel would have given us full support for another cycle - with the changes.

There's an injection you can take (I think) while stimming- or just before- and it's meant to really help quality. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. But there definitely are options out there for quality.

Good luck for your blood results TNTH. I'm still hopeful for you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's one of the ones we are considering... There are only three in Sydney we can choose from. Are you in Sydney? Was there a waiting list for donor sperm? If so, how long was it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we are in Sydney. Well for us we were told initially 3-4 months for IVF/ICSI and 8-10months for IUI.

However in that time you need to complete the mandatory counselling and once we'd been to our second we called the donor team to say everything was ready to go at our end and the same day they gave us access. That was bang on 2 months.

Once we got access they initially had about 40 donors, but not all of them we could use due to family spots available, preference of the recipients etc. The following day 3 new donors were added and one of those we snatched up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I asked which location you went through and who your doctor was? PM me if you want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @rainbowRoad, I have some Sydney based friends who went down a very similar path to you. PM me if you would like details of where they went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    PM'd @rainbowroad.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (03-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling @TortoiseNotTheHare? Any better?

Have they called with your BT results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I ended up calling them just after 4pm and they confirmed that it was negative. They did say it looked like it may have tried to implant because my progesterone is through the roof! She said the FS would have been happy with 30-40 for pg if the beta was positive and mine was 140! So that explains the sore boobs, dizziness and nausea! Oh and the lack of AF. She said it was a shame that the little embryo didn't stick around because my body was definitely ready to support it but it just couldn't hang on!

So we have DP's bloods and scan tomorrow and will find out when the transfer will be for Nemo. I need all of you lovely ladies to cross your fingers that little Nemo thaws nicely and sticks around. I'm sick with worry already! 😔 I really want this to work! I feel at ease knowing that DP produces nice embryos but this is all I can give her so please let this work. Please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pah! That sucks TNTH. What a shame on the other hand it is awesome that your progesterone is great, and since you still had a faint line this morning it must've hung on til the last possible minute.

With DS my progesterone was 1000+ - I remember the nurse laughing when I asked her if it was low because of my spotting.

I'll be crossing my fingers that nemo makes it the distance!

If it doesn't work, can you donate some of DPs embryos to DP? Or can she do another stim cycle in her name to ensure you can both still use the same donor? Or will she not have a go at carrying?

I hope this is all hypothetical, am just curious as nemo is essentially holding your allocation of that donor for DP.