Closed Thread
Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

I still have one booster to do tomorrow night but I'll do another test tonight and then tomorrow before it. Personally I think it will be too early at 11dpo tomorrow but I'll do it anyway because I'm nuts like that haha.

My thought is if the clinic want to see around 100 on the beta at 16dpo which is what I read then it would go something like this:

16dpo - 100
    14dpo - 50
    12dpo - 25
    10dpo - 12.5

What does a FRER show up?

ETA - much better pic! I'm not sure though cos I got a pretty much non existent line on one last night and then got a significantly darker line this morning and I'm further away from the booster today?! So not sure how sensitivity of them works for each test 😐

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    FRER say as low as 25 but they've picked up as low as 6 for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh testing pregnyl out may not have been such a good idea for us rainbow lol. Some darker, some lighter, some pregnyl, some embies? Who knows!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Haha, I know right?

I think I would be a little more dubious if I hadn't had a very small amount of spotting yesterday. I'm feeling quietly optimistic, because IRL there is a huge difference in the line darkness.It makes me think maybe it really was my little speck getting comfy. Buuuuut... I'm certainly not getting ahead of myself, it all hangs in tomorrow's test.

And I am not telling DP until I am absolutely certain because I don't want to give her false hope. (Yes I've been testing secret squirrel style).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha that's hilarious! Hope she doesn't come on the hub and find out!!!!

I think there's a fair enough difference between the lines for it to be speck! Question though, how long does the embryo take to secrete hormones after its implanted? I thought it would take days from that point? If it implanted a little late and at 10 days when you had the spotting (yesterday) then would it be showing for you today? I think your little speck would implanted a few days ago or is that not how it works? Confused!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think if speck implanted it was around 8/9dpo so 2-3 days ago. My spotting was dark red suggesting it was not brand new fresh, but not old blood either. It can take a few days for it to secrete HCG into urine. Which could explain why nothing much showed up this morning but something did this arvo.

It also depends on the person and the embryo. My HCG with DS on 16dpo was 320 but I don't think he implanted until 9/10dpo (based on my spotting) so he obviously produced it pretty quickly. Even if he implanted at 6dpo and his HCG exactly doubled every 48 hours, I would've probably gotten a positive on a frer at 8dpo with HCG of 20.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow that's such a high beta for 16dpo isn't it? Makes me wonder why so many people don't get anything showing up until 12dpo. Hmm well I did another dippy stick tonight and still a faint line on that one about the same as this morning so maybe still the pregnyl. Don't know why it didn't really show on last nights one though. Not sure I trust these dippy sticks. We are going test with a FRER tomorrow night to compare with the one I did before Tuesday nights booster shot considering the same time will have passed between each one. At least we will be conspiring apples with apples!

ETA - I've had more twinges and stabby pain tonight and nearly threw up getting out of the car. I'm also now cramping like AF is about to start 😐 Hope DP is getting her uterus ready lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I hate dippy sticks. I'm annoyed one of my tests is a non frer! But it was all I had that day and I tested on a whim. Oh well!

Yep it was a high beta, my progesterone was 1000+ too which is crazy. He really wanted to come along for the ride and I'm so glad he did!

Conversely, DPs HCG was approx 60 on 16dpo with our little lost Bub. I hope if I am pregnant again I get great numbers and a super sticky beanie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and cramps and twinges aren't necessarily a bad thing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah we have FRER's to use for tomorrow and I will then test the final shot of pregnyl out with that I think. Not sure if we will test every day seeing as I know that by the end of day 3 it's pretty much left my system.

We might skip Saturday and Sunday (there will be pregnyl) and then test Monday night as we have each night on the third day after a booster (using a FRER as well) and then will test again on Tuesday morning before the beta. I don't want to waste them because I don't think it's worked and I would rather DP uses them for her FET which should be in about a week and a half from now.