Closed Thread
Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I asked the embryologist why they chose that embryo and they said they just pull the straw out randomly.

At least it means if this doesn't work, we've both got even better ones as back up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's interesting... I always thought they started with the least because then if it doesn't do well they have a "stronger" one to move on to. It could be completely random but a bit of a coincidence that so many at FF have had their embryo with the least amount of cells taken our first.... I'm okay with it because it means that the ones left should in theory only be better which is reassuring. If the strongest didn't take I would be worried about the rest left in there not working either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That makes sense too. Interesting. Although with DP her first FET was a 7 cell with 100% cell survival, second was a 6 cell but it didn't survive, and third was an 8 cell (but it lost 3 cells so was 5 at transfer).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm so then it could be completely random! That's the first time I've heard of it being mixed up with the cell count. I'm worried that little Nemo won't survive the thaw or will lose too many cells for them to use him. We will have to wait and see! Apparently 70% of embryos lose cells in the thaw and as long as they don't lose more than 50% they can still be used. That's what the embryologist told us when I asked her about little Nemo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could also depend on quality as well. Maybe the 6 cell was better quality than the 8 cell. Who knows? Either way none of them worked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually yeah that's true with fragmentation etc. It's so odd that none of the last ones tried to implant. Do you think the D&C could have affected implantation? I've heard sometimes the scar tissue can cause implanting issues later on. Maybe they could go back in and have a look at how things healed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think so. Her fresh transfer resulted in implantation. I think DP has very poor egg quality and the embryos just probably weren't that great.

But it has also made a bit scared that maybe it's got something to do with them being frozen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It could have just been bad luck because I read of FET's working all the time. If they weren't successful I guess they wouldn't bother doing them and some ladies take multiple transfers to fall so eventually fall with an FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rainbow road I just read that you have your last booster tonight. I have one tomorrow but then another again on Friday... Any ideas why I have an additional one? It was printed on a standard sheet so figured everyone would have the same amount of pregnyl shots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, for some reason when you've done a stim cycle you have 4 boosters but with a natural FET its only 3. You're probably also taking low dose aspirin? I've heard that's because all the meds can make your blood a little sluggish so the aspirin helps keep it flowing nicely.