Closed Thread
Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's really sweet! Well DP has started AF already and we think it's because they asked her to take some pills and the synarel again to bottom out her levels to avoid OHSS. So that now put her at day 10 the day before my bloods. If this little one doesn't stick we were going to do an FET with her but now we might miss the window. I'm thinking of booking her on and testing the day she goes for her day 10 scan etc and that way we know whether to go ahead with it or not. Might call the clinic and see what they suggest. Talk about cutting it fine! What about you?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

We did the same with me. Only problem is if you get to the day 10 scan you have to pay for the cycle and if you get pregnant and cancel you've wasted $2800. I was CD5 when DP had her pregnancy test.

I guess the only other option is to wait a month hey.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 25-10-2015 at 09:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you test the day before your bloods and its positive you should get a nice dark line. With DP, the pregnyl never left her system before bloods so she always got a second line, faint but not necessarily a squinter on BT day. For that reason I'm either testing out the pregnyl as of Tuesday, or not testing at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah if we were going to test at home then we would test the pregnyl out.

That's interesting that they charge you regardless of whether or not the FET goes ahead. What if we actually move to FET and little Nemo doesn't thaw out? They still keep the full payment? That's a bit rough!

We can test on her CD10 in the morning and then not go to the scan if it's a positive but it's cutting it really close. I wonder if they will let me go for an early blood test (the day earlier) just so we know. It might still not be enough to show up on a HPT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Yeah if we were going to test at home then we would test the pregnyl out.

That's interesting that they charge you regardless of whether or not the FET goes ahead. What if we actually move to FET and little Nemo doesn't thaw out? They still keep the full payment? That's a bit rough!

We can test on her CD10 in the morning and then not go to the scan if it's a positive but it's cutting it really close. I wonder if they will let me go for an early blood test (the day earlier) just so we know. It might still not be enough to show up on a HPT.
    You know I'm actually not sure. I think if there's nothing to thaw then they charge you for meds but not the FET. But I don't know if you can get your $$ back if you just change your mind. I could be wrong.

A blood test the day before would be fine, it would definitely show. They prefer to do them 16dpo but we did DPs at 14dpo last time because 16dpo was a Sunday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I think we might get bloods done at 14DPO. I know another clinic that does first beta at 10DPO!! I personally think that's a little early but then again I don't think late implants are very common so that could be why.

I have some strong period pain happening right now and I'm hoping it's not my body trying to sync up with DP again 😐

ETA - the admin ladies told us we could change our mind about both going through EPU together right up until collection date and it would just be meds charged so I think FET would be same sort of deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Yeah I think we might get bloods done at 14DPO. I know another clinic that does first beta at 10DPO!! I personally think that's a little early but then again I don't think late implants are very common so that could be why.

I have some strong period pain happening right now and I'm hoping it's not my body trying to sync up with DP again 😐

ETA - the admin ladies told us we could change our mind about both going through EPU together right up until collection date and it would just be meds charged so I think FET would be same sort of deal.
    Canberra did bloods at 10dpo, mostly to check progesterone. DPs HCG was only 1.8 then!

I'm sure it's not your period. I don't know about you but mine is so much like clockwork it's never arrived a week early, especially not when you know when you've "ovulated". Hopefully it is your little embryo getting snug. Or just your body chilling down after EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah who knows what it is! My cycles are usually really regular and have been 27 days for many months now. They used to be 26 then 28 days alternating every other month lol. Then settled at 27!

We will see how things are looking and feeling next week and we will call the clinic and see if they are happy for DP to book on for an FET just in case and then if Poppy doesn't stay we will see what Nemo's got haha. Maybe we might just get lucky and not need to bother Nemo for a couple of years.

I'm kinda going through the same sort of feelings as you in that I don't want to be hopeful in case it's not good news. I think I've become more and more excited at the possibility of it working and I don't want the universe to know that I'm in a vulnerable position and at its mercy. It's like if I play it cool and don't act like I want it that badly then the universe might forget to burst my bubble and we might get our little bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah exactly.

They also didn't use my best embryo so I feel like we are already on the back foot.

Thanks
    Reviews

They didn't use DP's best either. They took out the 9 cell (all others had more) but it went to 5 cell in the thaw. I feel like it might be my fault because they did a quick thaw cos we made a last minute decision to transfer that one instead of 2 of my not so great ones.

Having said that we are going to visit friends that have recently had a gorgeous princess who was either a 3 or 4 cell embryo! We also have friends that just had a 3 cell transfer! Definitely nothing wrong with 7 cells.. That's a strong little embryo!