Closed Thread
Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My BT is on the 3rd of November. I'll probably test out my pregnyl shots though because I am too impatient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's a shame that one little embie didn't make it @rainbow road but hopefully this little one starts to grow and replace the cells that were lost and can then turn into a super strong sticky baby! I've done a bit of reading but the freeze and thaw process and it sounds like a tricky process for the embryos to go through!!

Did DP go with you? How is she feeling?

Fingers crossed this is your bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been quietly reading along, @TortoiseNotTheHare- it's disappointing to lose embryos, but as others have said you only need one. There is a big decline on day 1, I would be surprised if you had the anything like the same drop off at day 3. Depending on how many you get (and I think all 4 will make it), chat to your doc about another stim without icsi. Some eggs do better with natural fertilisation rather then ICSI.

Also, I've had day 5 transfers with and without ultrasound, you can't see the embryo, only the saline/solution that the embryo is sitting in. Don't think it makes any difference really (maybe for billing purposes?)
    Good luck to everyone in, or about to enter, the TWW

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (21-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I've been quietly reading along, @TortoiseNotTheHare- it's disappointing to lose embryos, but as others have said you only need one. There is a big decline on day 1, I would be surprised if you had the anything like the same drop off at day 3. Depending on how many you get (and I think all 4 will make it), chat to your doc about another stim without icsi. Some eggs do better with natural fertilisation rather then ICSI.

Also, I've had day 5 transfers with and without ultrasound, you can't see the embryo, only the saline/solution that the embryo is sitting in. Don't think it makes any difference really (maybe for billing purposes?)
    Good luck to everyone in, or about to enter, the TWW
    Thanks 😊 I've also done some reading up and have seen the same thing. Some eggs just don't like the ICSI process and they told me 4 didn't survive the injecting process so makes me wonder if they would have done better having the sperm do its thing. Something we won't know now but I hope you are right and these other 4 fertilised eggs have grown into some nice healthy embryos! All we can do is hope! Feels kinda funny not know which embryo I'll have on board tomorrow. I mean at the end of the day it doesn't matter. I've just been hung up on carrying DP's bubba but need to get realistic and know that life will turn out the way it wants to!

Anyway, how have you been???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was against doing ICSI, but got talked into by our FS. Luckily, my eggs didnt seem to mind the ICSI process, you may well be someone whose eggs dont react well.
    Im just puttering away at 18w with our 4th IVF transfer. Make sure you relax as much as possible over the next few days. Its hard, especially on your first transfer, but I think being relaxed really makes a difference post-transfer.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're 18w? Congratulations! Not sure if you announced it and I missed it or if you hadn't mentioned it.

We weren't given the option to do "normal" IVF and maybe I should have questioned it because I told DP that I flat out didn't want to do ICSI from the get go because I didn't want to try and influence the bubs gender or the quality of sperm that made it in etc. Maybe that was my eggs telling me they wouldn't like ICSI haha.

At the end of the day we want a family and we will have one. Don't know when or exactly how, but we will... And that feels pretty good 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for your transfer tortoise. One of those embryos will be going exactly where it needs to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    You're 18w? Congratulations! Not sure if you announced it and I missed it or if you hadn't mentioned it.

We weren't given the option to do "normal" IVF and maybe I should have questioned it because I told DP that I flat out didn't want to do ICSI from the get go because I didn't want to try and influence the bubs gender or the quality of sperm that made it in etc. Maybe that was my eggs telling me they wouldn't like ICSI haha.

At the end of the day we want a family and we will have one. Don't know when or exactly how, but we will... And that feels pretty good 😊
    Good luck today! Hope everything goes smooth for you and DP this morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of DP's little embryos on board! Pretty excited to be one step closer to starting our family. Sadly only one embryo could be frozen for me which I was pretty upset with but it can't be helped.

We have decided that if this little one doesn't stick then we will switch to DP to try with that one little embryo next month. At least that way we aren't waiting years to see if it would result in a take home baby.

We will leave it to the universe now but if that one doesn't stick then I'm happy to only use DP's embryos to make our family. As sad as it is that my eggs don't like IVF, I was okay with not having bio children from the beginning so no reason that needs to change now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (22-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that the other 3 weren't suitable for freezing. I know it must be a real blow, but having one is at least a chance for down the track. Did the other 3 arrest or was it quality that they couldn't freeze them?

Glad to hear you've got one of your DP's embryos on board. Did you end up going in to work or did you take the afternoon off?