Closed Thread
Page 19 of 102 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks hun... I just can't believe we lost so many in one hit. I am praying with all my might that these 4 grow into nice strong embies. I don't understand why 4 didn't survive the ICSI process 😔

I've just asked DP if we can change our game plan. I'll still go ahead with the transfer this Thursday but if it doesn't work then I want to switch to DP carrying first - that's if there is anything there to transfer of course. That will then tell us if I need to stim again or not because we will know if any work. I would rather do that again in the near future then wait a few years and have older eggs. Either that or we decide to only use DP's eggs which is (ironically) initially something I mentioned anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh TNTH I'm sorry, it must be disappointing when you were already used to such high numbers. I had 7 eggs collected and 4 survived, we transferred the one that is happily growing in my belly now and then froze three. I was disappointed with my low numbers at first but when I told the embryologist that she thought I was nuts. She said 4 was a great number and that some women were lucky to have one that survived. It really does only take one and you still have 4 little hopefuls! I've got my fingers crossed that they all grow like champions for you guys x

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dougy For This Useful Post:

almai  (20-10-2015),TortoiseNotTheHare  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the feeling of losing eggs/embryos. I felt as though we grieved each one we lost. From 6, we had 4 mature, 3 fertilise but only 1 to go to a day 5 blastocyst... Which was our miracle bub that I can now feel flutter in my tummy. You only need one, any more is a huge bonus. I can understand the disappointment nonetheless.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

TortoiseNotTheHare  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys that's really helped! I had told DP that I would be happy to have 3-4 snow babies for her to TTC with but now hearing that so many dropped off during fertilisation it's made me think we might end up with none on Thursday. If I could lose 7 in one night then maybe I will lose the other 4 in the next two nights. I'm hoping for a miracle and that we still end up with at least 3 frozen babies. That way I don't spend the next 2 years worrying that she won't have enough to try with.

Honestly though if none make it then I don't think there is a point in stimming again. I would take that as a sign that the quality is just not there. I'll leave that to FS to talk us through though if and when we need to.

I need to try and relax and have faith that they will pull through and be nice and strong.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what our FS told us, anything over 10 she'd usually expect to see it half pretty quickly and then you might have a few going from there. Not sure if that was just the case for us, but your DP was extremely blessed with almost all of her embryos making it. What day are they freezing yours?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh TNTH. It is super disappointing. I had 20 collected, all were mature but we still only ended up with 3 day 5 blastos. One of which is kicking around inside of me now. Every loss is a blow but just remember those wouldn't have made babies anyway. There are always duds in every batch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Same Sex Parents TTC List #3

Yeah I have seen so many other stories of people losing 2/3 of their eggs throughout the process and I was mentally prepared to go from 12 to 4 by the end of the process. If I had 4 at freezing stage I would have been stoked! Hearing that I have 4 at this point is scary because anything could happen in the next couple of days. They freeze them at day 3 (Thursday) but they said not all may end up being suitable to freeze because of what they go through to freeze and thaw - which I have read about before so expected. With that information DP and I have decided that we will wait for the news on Thursday and if any are progressing but not suitable to freeze we will then use that to do the transfer. It means I could potentially carry my bio child first but I will then go again in attempts to carry DP's bio child too and she will then attempt with any of my frozen embryos (if there are any). The clinic was happy with that but they will endeavour to freeze all of mine so that we can stick to our original plan. I feel a bit better having that plan in place. We don't want to discard mine if it could still go on being transferred as a "freshie" which is why I will attempt to use it and give it the chance of life if it comes to that.

The great thing is the clinic will allow DP to donate the embryo/s not suitable for freezing back to me with one simple form. We have already told them that any that go to freeze must stay in her name so she can use them in future. I also found out how hers were at the time of freezing and it seems she has super embryos! At day 3 they were already ahead. Usually they are at 8 cells but she had 1 x 9 cell, 4 x 10 cells, 3 x 11 cells and 1 x 12 cells from memory. The one that didn't make it was one that shot all the way to 15 cells! They said they could not freeze it in time and it arrested because it was ahead of its climate or something along those lines. So relieved that she has some great embies! Hopefully we have some good homes for them! But that's the next hurdle!!!!

ETA - DP and I also decided if there are two that can't be frozen then we will have both transferred back because we don't want to discard what could end up being the only chance for one of embryos to work. We aren't prepared for twins but we decided we leave it to fate. Neither might stick, 1 might or maybe both will but it will be up to the universe just as the outcome on Thursday will be. If they all end up going to freeze or some drop off and the ones still standing are good to freeze then the universe has again made the decision for us.
    Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 20-10-2015 at 11:45.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

almai  (20-10-2015),Dougy  (20-10-2015),TandR  (20-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you have all bases covered, which is great to be prepared for alternate options.

We had a back up plan in place too which would have been switching to an IUI with me with the same donor as DP used for her IVF, rather than a FET to me with DP's embryo. But as fate would have it, we had one little blastocyst for the FET.

The universe has a funny way of making things happen. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's exactly it! The universe works it out. I was in shock and upset earlier but now I have come back to earth and am starting to realise that I actually can't change the outcome now and it will work out the way it's meant to. I might not be able to understand it but whilst DP and I have our ideal way of doing things it doesn't mean that it's the only way of doing things. We will take it as it comes and go from there. At the end of the day our goal is to have a family and one way or another we will 😊

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What a whirlwind of emotions tortoise and beauty!
    The world works in wondrous ways and what ever is meant to happen will be right on Thursday. Good luck!

Good luck for you girls too rainbow xx