+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Unfortunately no I can't. I'd have to change the settings without him knowing, which feels very wrong. He really doesn't see anything wrong with the situation. I think it's more because he wants to believe she does it for a good reason, I know he hopes one day she will change.
    Ahh, I can understand that.

Does she copy and repost the photos or just share form your album?
    If she's just sharing from your album then you can still include her but make a limited list for viewing the photos anyway. That way only friends and family you have in common with MIL can see and not some random strangers she has on her FB page.
    If she's copying and posting the photos herself, that's a bigger problem.
    I'd stop posting any photos in that case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I can see how this situation would really p!ss you off, it would p!ss me off!! I'm not sure what you can really do about it though.... Your DP needs to address the situation. On the other hand you could just ignore it (for your sake, not hers!). The people who really know her will know that she's fake.
    Dp is one of the people who ignores things until they go away. So he would rather pretend nothing is happening then address things.
    I think ignoring it is gonna be the only way to do things. Dp won't change what he posts, I couldn't expect him to really and he won't change his settings.
    Can only hope people realise she's a fake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    If I were in your shoes, I would ask DP not to post anymore photos online. That's it. It would infuriate me like you would not believe if my MIL (who is a narcissistic, child abusing trash pile) did that. I actually feel angry for you.

I would only send photos via text to close family and friends and leave it at that.
    I know Dp would be really upset and angry if I told him we aren't posting photos of him anymore. We would also have to tell ALL family members not to either, which a lot wouldn't listen, they can be hopeless.
    Ignoring it seems to be my only option..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is what I'm feeling ott?

Last edited by Hasselhoff; 08-10-2015 at 23:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Ahh, I can understand that.

Does she copy and repost the photos or just share form your album?
    If she's just sharing from your album then you can still include her but make a limited list for viewing the photos anyway. That way only friends and family you have in common with MIL can see and not some random strangers she has on her FB page.
    If she's copying and posting the photos herself, that's a bigger problem.
    I'd stop posting any photos in that case.
    She shares from his album, it's quite possible she saves them but it's always her sharing the photos.
    Oh! I will have a look into that and ask Dp to change it to that! I would feel so much more comfortable if it were just mutual friends seeing the pictures rather than every single friend of hers that we don't know. Now I need to work out how to do so I can show Dp lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She shares from his album, it's quite possible she saves them but it's always her sharing the photos.
    Oh! I will have a look into that and ask Dp to change it to that! I would feel so much more comfortable if it were just mutual friends seeing the pictures rather than every single friend of hers that we don't know. Now I need to work out how to do so I can show Dp lol
    I just make a "safe for photos" list which is made up of close friends and family.
    If anyone shares a photo (the oldies are mad for this) then it will only be seen by people on that list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    I just make a "safe for photos" list which is made up of close friends and family.
    If anyone shares a photo (the oldies are mad for this) then it will only be seen by people on that list.
    Ohh thank you!! That is great! I will look at setting one up for my Facebook and show Dp when he gets home in the morning and see about setting one up on his Facebook! That will make me feel so much better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Phony  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well firstly thanks for the honest opinion.

Secondly, I'm not planning to come across as a b!tch but if it does then so be it. You have no idea what is going on my life with her. You have read a tiny snippet of our issues. Do not think you have the right to judge that situation. She is a paranoid alcoholic. End of blo0dy story. If you want to think I'm a judgey kind of person so be it. I know I'm not. I have given her the benefit of the doubt for 6 years and put up with whatever crap she gave and now she loses her cool with me between the pain meds and alcohol, I'm ment to take the blame for her trying to turn my Dp against me? I highly doubt that. So thanks for your useful insight to the question I asked and the rest of it well that was useless so hope u feel good about yourself ������

And now I got that out I feel better and can laugh at your response to my personal situation lol. You think you know the whole story. ������
    Um ok, I wasn't judging you, and I wasn't saying you were being judgemental- I said she probably felt judged by you and so she turned on you. The rightly so was me saying that you had a right to judge her. As you said, she is an alcoholic.

Yes I based my answer on your OP- what else was I supposed to write about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Um ok, I wasn't judging you, and I wasn't saying you were being judgemental- I said she probably felt judged by you and so she turned on you. The rightly so was me saying that you had a right to judge her. As you said, she is an alcoholic.

Yes I based my answer on your OP- what else was I supposed to write about?
    To be fair, your post did come across to me the way the OP took it as well.

OP, I'd be annoyed at that too. My Mum isn't an alcoholic, but is a pretend grandmother as well. Visits twice a year if that and wants photos of the kids on her knee. Last time they wouldn't do it, and I didn't make them. They don't know her and I'm not making them do something they are uncomfortable with. She only wants photos to show her friends what a fantastic grandma she is and it annoys me no end. How about actually BEING a fantastic grandma??!!

I got told off for not friending her on FB, so I bet she is wanting to do the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey my DP just shared one of my photos and FB came up saying this.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1444380278.833155.jpg