+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    That would do my head in too.
    I had an Aunt of my DH share an entire Album on another Aunt's page!
    WTF?
    Who does that?
    More importantly, WHY is that even an option?
    Anyway, I've since limited who can see what.
    I made a list for close family & friends only and post most of my pics in there.

Your DH should cut her off.
    She won't miss what she doesn't know is there.
    My grandmother did it when I wasn't speaking to my mum because she wanted her to see the pictures of him, which annoyed me a lot when I found out but my issues with her are not a problem anymore.

He never would unfortunately. I know he wants to but he can't. Which I understand.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Phony  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    The sharing of photos would concern me. Can you get your dp to change his privacy settings so mil can still see the pics but can't share them or "friends of friends" can't see them?
    Unfortunately no I can't. I'd have to change the settings without him knowing, which feels very wrong. He really doesn't see anything wrong with the situation. I think it's more because he wants to believe she does it for a good reason, I know he hopes one day she will change.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is what I'm feeling ott?

Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Yes I think your reaction is OTT.

Your H is putting pics up that she can see and share, so she is.

If it's a problem for you, ask your H to make sure they can't be seen by her, or shared. Or just don't put pics online.

Also, I don't think it was out of the blue, or a "no idea why" situation that she turned on you- to me, she felt judged by you (rightly so).
    Well firstly thanks for the honest opinion.

Secondly, I'm not planning to come across as a b!tch but if it does then so be it. You have no idea what is going on my life with her. You have read a tiny snippet of our issues. Do not think you have the right to judge that situation. She is a paranoid alcoholic. End of blo0dy story. If you want to think I'm a judgey kind of person so be it. I know I'm not. I have given her the benefit of the doubt for 6 years and put up with whatever crap she gave and now she loses her cool with me between the pain meds and alcohol, I'm ment to take the blame for her trying to turn my Dp against me? I highly doubt that. So thanks for your useful insight to the question I asked and the rest of it well that was useless so hope u feel good about yourself 👌

And now I got that out I feel better and can laugh at your response to my personal situation lol. You think you know the whole story. 😌
    Last edited by Hasselhoff; 08-10-2015 at 14:01.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (08-10-2015),yadot  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    I think it's both. Her statements just irk me so much but then add the sharing of photos that makes it worse. I just hate the fact she shares photos for everyone to think she's amazing when in fact she is the opposite.
    Hmm, see if you had a problem with her sharing photos, then you could approach it with your DH in that you don't want any/many photos of your DS online. It would have to be a blanket rule though, if you didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

If it's just the lies, then I understand how frustrating that would be, but I'm not sure what you could do about it though. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Hmm, see if you had a problem with her sharing photos, then you could approach it with your DH in that you don't want any/many photos of your DS online. It would have to be a blanket rule though, if you didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

If it's just the lies, then I understand how frustrating that would be, but I'm not sure what you could do about it though. :/
    I will try and talk with Dp, see what he says. We only post them because some of our families are overseas and the rest are scattered around the country and don't get to see him but I will talk to him about maybe just inboxing them to family. Hardest part is he sees nothing wrong with her actions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Both Dh and I grew up around alcoholics so I totally get why you don't want her in your life. Like many with addiction they are manipulative, narcissistic and often have little to no insight into how their addiction affects their loved ones.

Having said that, I think your DH needs to take some ownership. You say you have no physical contact with her, does he? Has he agreed he doesn't want her in your son's life or is he essentially just going along with it so as not to upset you? He can easily filter her out when he shares pics in the status box. That way she still sees his posts but not the ones of your son?

Thanks
    Reviews

I can see how this situation would really p!ss you off, it would p!ss me off!! I'm not sure what you can really do about it though.... Your DP needs to address the situation. On the other hand you could just ignore it (for your sake, not hers!). The people who really know her will know that she's fake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I were in your shoes, I would ask DP not to post anymore photos online. That's it. It would infuriate me like you would not believe if my MIL (who is a narcissistic, child abusing trash pile) did that. I actually feel angry for you.

I would only send photos via text to close family and friends and leave it at that.

Thanks
    Reviews

.. Removed for privacy ..
    Last edited by Hasselhoff; 08-10-2015 at 23:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    You don't come across as the DIL from hell to me. I remember that thread and hell would freeze over before my drunken MIL would have unsupervised access to my child. It wouldn't be a nasty punitive thing, but a safety thing.

I kind of feel sorry for your DH bc he's in the middle. Clearly (and understandably) he wants his mum to get better. He wants to believe that you guys are important enough to her to get well, when in reality you aren't and that hurts. I think you explaining you understand all this may really clear the air between you two. That you get why he's still hanging in there hoping thus giving her access to photos, having her as a FB friend.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

meandmyboys82  (10-10-2015)