+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is what I'm feeling ott?

Last edited by Hasselhoff; 08-10-2015 at 23:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you annoyed because of her sharing photos of your DS or are you annoyed at the fakeness of her statements on FB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cant you block her on fb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would find that bothersome. It's like she's faking that she's the involved, loving grandmother, which is all an act for the facebook crowd.

I'm sure she does actually love your DS and care about him, it's just a shame she fails to show it through her actions.

The only way around it would be for you to ask your DP to hide his posts from her that contain photos of your DS, though I'm guessing he wouldn't be okay with this request?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Are you annoyed because of her sharing photos of your DS or are you annoyed at the fakeness of her statements on FB?
    I think it's both. Her statements just irk me so much but then add the sharing of photos that makes it worse. I just hate the fact she shares photos for everyone to think she's amazing when in fact she is the opposite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Cant you block her on fb?
    I barely see anything from her. Just when she comments on dps photos and he says she has shared it as well. So then my blood just boils.
    She also uses her husbands Facebook to look at mine and honestly I couldn't care less if she looks at my Facebook, she sees what she's missing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is what I'm feeling ott?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I would find that bothersome. It's like she's faking that she's the involved, loving grandmother, which is all an act for the facebook crowd.

I'm sure she does actually love your DS and care about him, it's just a shame she fails to show it through her actions.

The only way around it would be for you to ask your DP to hide his posts from her that contain photos of your DS, though I'm guessing he wouldn't be okay with this request?
    It gives me that feeling, she fakes that she is so amazing but she isn't. She screwed up letting us announce our pregnancy, she did that for us. 😡
    She always hassled me when I was pregnant, u can and u can't do this. All her bs probably adds to it annoying me but he's our son if it bothers me I should be allowed to feel that way, right?

Oh I have no doubt that she loves DS. No doubt whatsoever. Just she has put herself in this position, she misses out because she stuffed up. She wasn't around when he was born because her and Dp got into an argument about her drinking when I was nearly 8 months pregnant. She invited herself to stay at our house 2 weeks before DS due date and 2 weeks after and also said she would in the delivery room so when she kept going on I snapped.

I wish he would agree to that, he said I shouldn't have a problem with it. That I'm over reacting. I've told him it's because she pretends to be a fake grandparent to look good to everyone and he reckons just let her, we know the truth (which I agree with) but it bothers me that she uses DS to make herself seem amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That would do my head in too.
    I had an Aunt of my DH share an entire Album on another Aunt's page!
    WTF?
    Who does that?
    More importantly, WHY is that even an option?
    Anyway, I've since limited who can see what.
    I made a list for close family & friends only and post most of my pics in there.

Your DH should cut her off.
    She won't miss what she doesn't know is there.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    The sharing of photos would concern me. Can you get your dp to change his privacy settings so mil can still see the pics but can't share them or "friends of friends" can't see them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes I think your reaction is OTT.

Your H is putting pics up that she can see and share, so she is.

If it's a problem for you, ask your H to make sure they can't be seen by her, or shared. Or just don't put pics online.

Also, I don't think it was out of the blue, or a "no idea why" situation that she turned on you- to me, she felt judged by you (rightly so).