+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't worry about DS2. That all sounds normal and it's far too young to think about that. God my DD2 lives for shoes.

For DS1:
    Seeking an opinion doesn't mean he has it. You're just following up a suggestion.

Not following this up doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

If he does have it he just interacts and learns differently. A diagnosis doesn't change him. He will still be the exact same sweet boy. You will just learn how to better interact with him.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

heplusme  (09-10-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-10-2015),Skye Baby  (14-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I am just so stressed about everything and I. Haven't stopped crying all morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I know I am just so stressed about everything and I. Haven't stopped crying all morning
    I have not replied as I have no experience but I juat wanted to share some hugs.

It's a lot of info to take in. I have had a thought - you mentioned your 4yo sees a psych? Maybe speak to them about the daycare concerns? Since they have been working with your DS they might also have an insight.

Also, please do not feel like you have failed or done anything wrong. You are a fabulous mother who would do anything for her kids.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (12-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh hon

Having a 4 year old with ASD myself, I am happy to chat anytime or answer questions, via PM if you like?

Considering it has taken this long for anyone to mention that there are signs of concern, chances are he is on the milder end of the spectrum (that is *if* he has ASD).

The hardest thing for me was going through the diagnosis process. The reality hit me like 10 tonne of bricks. I had a few days where I cried my eyeballs out. Then I dusted myself off and accepted it. By the time the diagnosis was confirmed in writing, I was okay and there were no tears.

As previous posters have suggested, get an appointment with your GP to get the ball rolling. Paeds unfortunately can take a while to get into, just be prepared for that.

I can see why you're so upset, as this has really hit you out of the blue.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (09-10-2015),Wise Enough  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second the idea of speaking to your son's psych and see what her thoughts are. Especially if she knows him well. We went through a public multidisciplinary clinic in VIC for my DD's diagnosis - we were lucky as the wait wasn't long and the assessment was done relatively quickly as all of the professionals were in the one place. Perhaps ask your GP if there is something similar on offer where you are? It's a really horrible feeling when you are thinking "what if" and analyzing all your kids are doing/saying to see if it's "normal".....big hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again, I have booked in to see GP this morning and I have also booked an appointment with my early childhood health centre for DS2.

I can't even think straight. I really wish DH wasn't working today.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Well I had a really crappy nights sleep DH and I are both so stressed out. To top it all off after being told ds2 doesn't need surgery, we were now told he does, so i have so much ok my mind right now and my head feels like it's about to explode.

So now my question is, please, does anyone in Sydney know who I can get DS in to see to be assessed? Give me the best paediatrician you know, or whoever. I want this sorted out ASAP and i just want to know either way so we can stop stressing
    We are hoping to use Sydney Child Psychology Centre- recommended by the school and GP. http://www.sydneychildpsychologist.c..._services.html

These were also mentioned:
    Children’s Development Unit, Children’s Hospital at Westmead
    Cnr Hawkesbury Rd & Hainsworth St
    Westmead NSW 2145
    Phone: (02) 9845 2395

Parramatta Early Childhood Assessment Team
    Level 3, 93 George Street
    Parramatta NSW 2150
    Phone: (02) 9891 7200

Tumbatin Developmental Assessment Clinic
    Sydney Children’s Hospital
    Cnr Avoca & Barker Streets
    Randwick NSW 2031
    Phone: (02) 9382 8189

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Jenga  (09-10-2015),SAgirl  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm also in Sydney if you need anything @SAgirl

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I have found my local council to be a fantastic asset. I'm not sure if all councils are the same but mine has a family support worker that you can self refer to. Then they can put you in touch with local therapists that might be of benefit. They also run special family sessions on a whole range of things, including behavior, nutrition etc. get in touch as you might be able to get in today. I think I've also mentioned in your last post about utilizing your maternal health nurse, even for a chat. There are so many resources, you are not alone.
    Parenting is so flipping hard, it's so hard to know what is "normal" behavior. You're doing all the right things

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (09-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the support everyone

Today has been very hectic and stressful but I went to see my GP, she said from what she ca see of DS1 whilst in her office, he's not showing any worrying signs. She said from the things I told her about DS and his issues we are trying to sort out, and what the daycare said, it's not flagging anything for ASD in her opinion. She said its more along the lines of anxiety which is also what our psych said.

Then I took ds2 to the CHN and she said again that she can't see any warning signs in him for ASD but she does think he has a few developmental delays, so she's given me these questionnaires to fill out and I'll drop them back next week and we have a follow up appointment the week after.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (09-10-2015),DT75  (10-10-2015),HollyGolightly81  (09-10-2015),Mod-Degrassi  (09-10-2015),sajimum  (09-10-2015),VicPark  (09-10-2015),wobbleyhorse  (09-10-2015)