+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    If you're going to use disposable nappies, don't buy too many. Babies grow ridiculously fast in the first months, and a nappy that fits them one week can be decidedly smallish (resulting in leaks and poosplosions) the next. Given how expensive they are, you don't want to be left with boxes of too-small nappies you can no longer use. (I say this from experience!)

Do buy enough cheap onesies in small sizes so that it doesn't matter if you miss doing the washing for a day. Newborns are grots- I swear one day DS1 went through a new onesie every couple of hours!
    Unopened boxes can be exchanged for the next size up, opened stock you would have potentially had some anyway and rest can be donated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nursing pads x 1000. Nothing has ever come close to the embarrassment I felt having to ask FIL to bring some in on his way to visit.

And chocolate. So much chocolate. Because chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Long life milk if you're milk consumers. Even when we've lived walking distance to a shop, sometimes you dont feel like leaving home with a newbie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLadyBugg View Post
    Hi ladies

What are good items to keep a stock pile of for when bub arrives? Things like nappies, wipes, bulk cooking to freeze. What else?
    Rash cream, shampoo/body wash, face cloths/sponges, first aid stuff, nappy bags, teething stuff (for later), pads (breast and sanitary), dummies (if using... they go missing constantly), bottle teats (if using see dummies), vicks, laundry powder/liquid, toilet paper, cotton buds and balls/pads...

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many great suggestions here! Even second time round I'm adding to my preparation list off everyone's suggestions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gumnut babies View Post
    So many great suggestions here! Even second time round I'm adding to my preparation list off everyone's suggestions!
    I know! Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd stock up on all the heavy and bulky household items like toilet paper, paper towel, coffee, washing powder, softener, toilet cleaner, pet food (if you have pets), spray and wipe, stain remover etc that way it's easier to go to shops if you just need to pick up a few fresh things.
    Freezer - fresh pasta, frozen veg, fish fillets, bread. Anything that helps throw together an easy quick dinner! And home cooked frozen meals. I filled my freezer with about 20 dinners one of the best things I did!
    I'd get a variety of swaddles as we ended up trying everything, muslin wraps, ergoswaddler, ergo pouch, love to dream, baby studio, halo sleep sack just to find what helped her sleep best ugh.
    If breastfeeding get a couple of boxes of hydrogel breast discs and perhaps some nipple shields to have on standby just in case you get bruising/grazes. I like medela the best. They saved my breastfeeding.
    One of the best things I've bought is the nose frida nose sucker. After trying a bulb nasal aspirator and an electric aspirator both of which I found useless the nose frida is freaking amazing and only $15!!
    Stock up on tissues I swear I go through a box a week now.
    Baby massage oil, moisturizer, and bath oil.
    Snacks snacks and more snacks. Healthy and unhealthy for when you need a pick me up!
    Maternity singlets and bras if breastfeeding. Plus some emergency formula just in case. I got a box of s26 gold sachets rather than a whole tin.
    Baby panadol, gripe water, infants friend, infacol. If bub starts screaming a lot you'll try anything and everything lol.
    White noise app. Lifesaver. Sleepy sounds is great and free! Also sound sleeper has a good womb noise track.
    Other things we went and bought after bub was born included a night light, co-sleeper for our bed, sunshades for car, mirror to see her in rear facing seat, wrap carrier and ergo carrier for later. Not things to stock up on but things we hadn't planned on needing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I'd stock up on all the heavy and bulky household items like toilet paper, paper towel, coffee, washing powder, softener, toilet cleaner, pet food (if you have pets), spray and wipe, stain remover etc that way it's easier to go to shops if you just need to pick up a few fresh things.
    Freezer - fresh pasta, frozen veg, fish fillets, bread. Anything that helps throw together an easy quick dinner! And home cooked frozen meals. I filled my freezer with about 20 dinners one of the best things I did!
    I'd get a variety of swaddles as we ended up trying everything, muslin wraps, ergoswaddler, ergo pouch, love to dream, baby studio, halo sleep sack just to find what helped her sleep best ugh.
    If breastfeeding get a couple of boxes of hydrogel breast discs and perhaps some nipple shields to have on standby just in case you get bruising/grazes. I like medela the best. They saved my breastfeeding.
    One of the best things I've bought is the nose frida nose sucker. After trying a bulb nasal aspirator and an electric aspirator both of which I found useless the nose frida is freaking amazing and only $15!!
    Stock up on tissues I swear I go through a box a week now.
    Baby massage oil, moisturizer, and bath oil.
    Snacks snacks and more snacks. Healthy and unhealthy for when you need a pick me up!
    Maternity singlets and bras if breastfeeding. Plus some emergency formula just in case. I got a box of s26 gold sachets rather than a whole tin.
    Baby panadol, gripe water, infants friend, infacol. If bub starts screaming a lot you'll try anything and everything lol.
    White noise app. Lifesaver. Sleepy sounds is great and free! Also sound sleeper has a good womb noise track.
    Other things we went and bought after bub was born included a night light, co-sleeper for our bed, sunshades for car, mirror to see her in rear facing seat, wrap carrier and ergo carrier for later. Not things to stock up on but things we hadn't planned on needing!
    Wow! Thanks ginger! So very helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing