+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stock piling items

Hi ladies

What are good items to keep a stock pile of for when bub arrives? Things like nappies, wipes, bulk cooking to freeze. What else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to have a little medicine/toiletries stash: baby panadol, baby nurofen (and yes I know both of these can't be used straight away), Gaia sleep time bath and massage oil, Vicks baby balsam, infacol, fess nasal stuff, etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximumStarlight View Post
    I like to have a little medicine/toiletries stash: baby panadol, baby nurofen (and yes I know both of these can't be used straight away), Gaia sleep time bath and massage oil, Vicks baby balsam, infacol, fess nasal stuff, etc
    Perfect suggestions! Thank you 😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

MaximumStarlight  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Besides nappies and frozen food ... I don't think I'll want to do groceries / go to the shops in the first week or two so...
    - enough of regular groceries to last that time
    - breast pads and sanitary pads (unless your hubby would be happy to buy for you)
    - wipes
    - nice food for the pantry that's easy/quick to prepare
    - some morning tea /afternoon tea type things (frozen or packet) so I can look like an amazing hostess when people come visit.
    Oh and I almost forgot.. Supplies of all the foods I missed from pregnancy - pate, soft cheese, smoked salmon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cloths. I used terry square nappies but not as nappies, just so useful for everything! I'd lie them under her in the cot or pram as poosplosion insurance lol

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to changethestars For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-10-2015),OneLastHurrah  (11-10-2015),sunnygirl79  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Washing powder/liquid.... my bub was a puker. Our little bottle of washing liquid only lasted a couple of weeks. I was so sore from the birth I could hardly sit for a month, shopping just wasn't on the cards. My DS also had sensitive skin, all our wipes and toiletries couldn't be used. We ended up using Alpha keri bath oil and water wipes. I've just started using our box of other wipes every second nappy. Other bath soaps etc still can't be used. We have used zinc and castor oil cream ever since birth.
    Cotton balls/cotton tips and tissues.
    Stock up on some Terry towling cloth nappies - they're good for vomiting, laying bub on at other people's houses, etc. We also went through heaps of muslins.
    Nursing pads if you're planning to breastfeed. I kept forgetting to buy them before I ran out, and washable ones were just not an option for me - they only lasted 5 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This isn't something to stockpile but something that's really useful.

One of those thermometers that go in the ear. I think they are infared.

It has been a God send every time I think Bub may have a fever and I'm stressing whether to take her to the doctor. The thermometer has put me at ease and saved unnecessary doctors visits.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

MaximumStarlight  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a stockpile of deodorant, toilet paper, paper towel, laundry powder and dishwashing tablets

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (08-10-2015),MaximumStarlight  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a stockpile of deodorant, toilet paper, paper towel, laundry powder and dishwashing tablets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, so very helpful!