+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC 13 months looking to go through IVF

My first post on here!

I have been married 2 years and TTC for 13 months now. I never expected TTC to be such an emotional rollercoaster!!

DH & I are going overseas next week for one month. We have made the decision to see a FS for help. Appointment booked the day after we return.

I have done standard blood test + ultrasound a couple of months ago and all clear. DH has not done any tests because "it's normal for conception to take up to 12 months". I really don't want to push him into it either. It has to be something he is comfortable doing when he is ready.

Very nervous (but also excited) about our appointment. It will be mid way through my cycle so hopefully can really start to cross our fingers for a miracle in the next cycle.

Any of you had similar experiences / success etc? Would love to hear from anyone so I am not so alone in how I am feeling xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Seeing your FS is the best place to start, he will write up and conduct a number of tests. Of course, your DH has to want to do it though as he will most likely need to do a semen analysis. Ivf isn't necessarily the road you have to head down. Depening on the results of the tests, you generally go Clomid, IUI then ivf, fingers crossed you don't have to go that far. You will find a lot of support on here not matter what stage of treatment you are at.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

darcypaw  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz! I've been doing a lot of reading on here for a while... it's very easy to get deeper and deeper into it!

He seems happy to go through fertility treatment if it is required as he also wants children but is very laid back about it all. I wish I could be as laid back about it as he is! I'm nervous and excited at the same time about seeing FS. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer. Not sure I can keep up with all of the ups and downs of TTC much longer before I go insane!