+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks for the XC60 feedback! yeah the one we're looking at is a 2012 D5 with the teknik pack. do you do mostly town driving? that's what we'd be doing so good to know if the diesel is ok for more stop-start type driving.

we're only planning to have 2 but I did notice the back seat didn't seem massive. we are both tall too.

but the boot space is like a cavern! I was joking with dh that we could practically lie down in it!!

did you buy yours brand new or used/demo?

any other drawbacks?

sorry to derail the thread OP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thanks for the XC60 feedback! yeah the one we're looking at is a 2012 D5 with the teknik pack. do you do mostly town driving? that's what we'd be doing so good to know if the diesel is ok for more stop-start type driving.

we're only planning to have 2 but I did notice the back seat didn't seem massive. we are both tall too.

but the boot space is like a cavern! I was joking with dh that we could practically lie down in it!!

did you buy yours brand new or used/demo?

any other drawbacks?

sorry to derail the thread OP!!
    I bought brand new, 2010 I think. I got the safety package and upgraded stereo system (I like my music). I love the parking sensors, didn't bother with rear camera as beepers work fine.

Sorry I do lots of long km in the country, only about 20% is town driving so I can't answer for town economy.

My advice is to put the car seats where you and your DH would be comfortable and see how much room is behind the seats for the kids leg room.

Happy to answer any questions via PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Family car

I have 3 kids and have a Subaru Outback. My eldest doesn't need a restraint anymore, but when she did, there was enough room for 3 restraints in the back. The boot is MASSIVE and the best thing is it is an suv but looks like a normal car.

I love Subarus. This car is my second outback and looking at upgrading to 2013 model next year. It would take a lot of convincing for me to buy any other car besides a Subaru.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 07-10-2015 at 17:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I have 3 kids and have a Subaru Outback. My eldest doesn't need a restraint anymore, but when she did, there was enough room for 3 restraints in the back. The boot is MASSIVE and the best thing is it is an suv but looks like a normal car.

I love Subarus. This car is my second outback and looking at upgrading to 2013 model next year. It would take a lot of convincing for me to buy any other car besides a Subaru.
    I second the outback! We have a 2011 model & it's great, very fuel efficient, plenty of room but not too big that you feel like you need a special licence to drive/park it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Family car

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I bought brand new, 2010 I think. I got the safety package and upgraded stereo system (I like my music). I love the parking sensors, didn't bother with rear camera as beepers work fine.

Sorry I do lots of long km in the country, only about 20% is town driving so I can't answer for town economy.

My advice is to put the car seats where you and your DH would be comfortable and see how much room is behind the seats for the kids leg room.

Happy to answer any questions via PM
    thanks!!

guess what! we just bought it!!

went in with our predetermined limit and he met it. it's still subject to our current car being successfully inspected and an racv inspection we are happy with but it's a done deal.

scary but exciting!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have an outback also. About to have our 3rd baby and although it is a tight squeeze the 3 seats fit it in (I had to get buckle extenders for the seatbelts as I couldn't reach them with the 3 seats squished in - 2 are boosters using normal seatbelt, would be ok if they had harnesses still). I have an 09 model, but would love to upgrade to the newer model - love how it looks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    I'm driving a Mitsubishi ASX turbo diesel. Love it. Plenty of room for car seats and pram etc. I have enough room that I can do full grocery shops and no need to take out the pram etc.

I'm very happy with our family car.
    Sorry to hijack. Do you reckon there would be enough leg room (passenger & driver) for someone thats 6ft3in? I love the idea of having a diesel, fuel economy, cleaner burning fuel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    The best car leg room wise is a rangerover. We are looking into one just for the leg room

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell's Silver Hammer View Post
    The best car leg room wise is a rangerover. We are looking into one just for the leg room
    Really? I think the land cruiser has heaps more room than our rangie.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Maxwell's Silver Hammer  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Really? I think the land cruiser has heaps more room than our rangie.
    Land cruiser i meant. Damn auto correct on my phone