+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Throwing in an alternate suggestion - DS had a super sensitive booty as a newborn and we found using a spray bottle with mildly soapy water along with a baby flannel/washer worked best. The baby washers come in handy for more than just bottom wiping and we had been given a few packs of 10 or so. Just chuck them in the wash and re-use. Saves money too. Not for everyone, but worth considering especially for home use.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Best wipes

we only use huggies for nappies and wipes (fragrance free) have done for all 4 kids :-)

the cheap wipes are fantastic for cleaning though :-)

also as people have said stocking up can be bad if bubs isn't suited to the product or is big in size for nappies my first 3 were in newborn nappies for ages but ds spent like 2 weeks in them lucky I only had a box
    Last edited by bunkx; 07-10-2015 at 21:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheeky wipes are the best! For the environment and a baby's skin. Out and about we use water wipes. Wotnots are also good. Any of the big names available at big stores and pharmacies are just full of chemicals and I wouldn't even use them on myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LaceyGracie For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (07-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaceyGracie View Post
    Cheeky wipes are the best! For the environment and a baby's skin. Out and about we use water wipes. Wotnots are also good. Any of the big names available at big stores and pharmacies are just full of chemicals and I wouldn't even use them on myself.
    Same. They are quite nasty. Im so surprised so many use regular supermarket wipes on babies on their most sensitive parts too without realising whats even in them.

More awareness is needed for sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

LaceyGracie  (08-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    I get a reaction on my face from
    Coles little explorers, be careful....
    I use adli wipes the blue pack
    My DS also comes out in red blotches with these wipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Water wipes and Naty nappies - never had a problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Curash. Our kids have sensitive skin. Tried homebrand for wiping hands/faces once and it really affected their skin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for everyone's help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Depends what u mean by quality?

If u are after some that aren't packed full of chemicals then I like Gaia, pure organic and wotnot wipes.

Value for money then dymples from big w are good but I won't touch them anymore because of the ingredients.
    Another vote for Wotnot. Never had any rash or redness using these. Order them online from gotoddler.com.au

On the other hand, I've now switched to using Cheeky Wipes reusables. I thought they'd be a real pain but the trick is they sit in a net bag like a be bag in the mucky container, you chuck that in the wash (so they all stay together) then after the wash they go straight back into the fresh container with some water and a couple drops of nice smelling oil.

You don't need to dry them although I think some people do dry them periodically (say every few weeks).

Not having to peg the feckers out on the line means it's really quick and simple. Saving so much money and planet this way also better for bums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We are going to use the Aldi nappies and wipes- everyone I have spoken to only has high praise for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast