+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best wipes

hi all,

I'm pregnant and want to stack up on some nappies and wipes, I was just wondering if any mommies out there can tell me the best brand for quality is ?

Thanks !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My child is a toddler so I can't remember what we used as newborns but we use Coles comfy bots now. Buy the box of 6 pack for $10/11? I think it is. Really cheap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JplusR View Post
    hi all,

I'm pregnant and want to stack up on some nappies and wipes, I was just wondering if any mommies out there can tell me the best brand for quality is ?

Thanks !
    I actually wouldn't stock up too much as you don't know if bub might get a reaction to a particular brand (wipes and nappies). Also with nappies it's wise not to get too many newborn size just in case they outgrow them quick! My bub was only 2.6kg so she was in newborn size for 10 weeks but if bub is 4kg plus they'll only be in them for a few weeks. We go through around 50 nappies a week.
    I use johnsons fragrance free wipes and huggies nappies and bub is 14 weeks and no issues at all (*touches wood*!) so I'm too scared to try different ones and no need as I'm pretty happy with this combo and price doesn't bother me. I had a friend who switched to a different brand (Coles comfy bots) and bub got terrible nappy rash so they switched back to huggies nappies and she was fine again.
    Have heard good things about curash wipes. Also some people just use wash cloths and water instead of wipes to protect sensitive skin. I haven't used huggies wipes on bub but have used them in the past as hand wipes and don't like them as I find they tear but some people love them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stack up on too many boxes of nappies as you can't exchange them at the shops. that and unopened formula. the wipes i like best are comfy bots and curash. huggies & comfy bots nappies are good.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best wipes

I used curash soap free and fragrance free wipes for my boys when they were babies. I found them the best and not expensive. Didn't give them nappy rash and were a good size/thickness. I found the huggies ones ripped too easily. Now the boys are older I just buy the cheapest Coles brand ones to use on sticky fingers and faces but when dd is born I'll go back to curash.

Ds1 I only bought huggies nappies but with ds2 I bought 1 box of huggies newborn nappies then went to comfy bot nappies. So much cheaper and I found the quality pretty much the same.
    Last edited by twolittlemunchkins; 07-10-2015 at 10:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    My child is a toddler so I can't remember what we used as newborns but we use Coles comfy bots now. Buy the box of 6 pack for $10/11? I think it is. Really cheap.
    We use these too. Both my kids have been fine with them (one has eczema and he's never had a reaction to these). They are great value.

I agree with PP above - maybe get a few types to try as you will probably find a favourite and stick with it 😀

Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I personally like the Curash fragrance free wipes and Comfy Bots nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I use the woolies home brand fragrance free wipes, in the green box. I find them the best, when they were out of stock I tried the Johnsons ones and DD broke out. All kids are different. I agree on waiting and trying them first, it's tempting to stock up and be super prepared but if your baby has a reaction you'll be stuck with a whole lot of wipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Curash Soap Free here.
    I find them the best size & thickness and they don't dry out easily, especially if you store them upside down after use.

8x80 box in Big W is usually $22-24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for Curash soap free (also do a fragrance free). Cheap at Chemist warehouse. Thick and don't dry out!