+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually have an unopened bottle here that has a use by date of 2/16 that I keep trying to give away before they expire. I'd be happy to send them to you if you want them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    Yes. I have to put the tablet at the back of my tongue and unfortunately I can still feel it go down and I almost choke or suffocate my self trying to cough it up if it decides to get somewhat lodged in the back. It always feels like it gets stuck where my tonsils are as they are pretty big as I've been told my numerous gp's. So now I keep thinking I'm going to choke to death or something because I can't swallow a tablet which should be the easiest thing possible!
    that's the worst feeling. I've had Panadol catch in my throat before and it feels awful. then you get that acid taste as it starts to dissolve in the back of your mouth 😂

could you ask your ob/midwife for recommendations on smaller tablets?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    that's the worst feeling. I've had Panadol catch in my throat before and it feels awful. then you get that acid taste as it starts to dissolve in the back of your mouth 😂

could you ask your ob/midwife for recommendations on smaller tablets?
    It is definitely the worst feeling I don't have another appointment for 2 weeks so I either wait until then or I try to figure out what I can take in the mean time. If I went to the chemist and asked they should be able to let me know what I can and can't take, right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't swallow most tablets except ones the size of The Pill or Travacalm. My gag reflex is really, really sensitive. Whenever I need to take a tablet that's too big for me, I use a pill crusher, tip the powder into a glass with a bit of water, swish and take it down quickly. It tastes yuck sometimes, but it's the only way I can do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    It is definitely the worst feeling I don't have another appointment for 2 weeks so I either wait until then or I try to figure out what I can take in the mean time. If I went to the chemist and asked they should be able to let me know what I can and can't take, right?
    speak to the pharmacist on duty. you're after a prenatal like elevit right? just say you are looking for a prenatal vitamin such as elevit but in a smaller size as you have issues swallowing larger tablets.

you can always check the ingredients listing on the pack against elevit's ingredients listing too just to be sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I take the blackmores ones too and at the start of my pregnancy had real problems with my gag reflex and had trouble getting them down! But it did pass and it's fine now. However blackmores also make a different supplement called I-folic, as a pp said, they are really small tablets so very easy to swallow. They are only iodine and folate, so not as many ingredients as other pregnancy supplements but they are the ingredients that are the most important to take

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    speak to the pharmacist on duty. you're after a prenatal like elevit right? just say you are looking for a prenatal vitamin such as elevit but in a smaller size as you have issues swallowing larger tablets.

you can always check the ingredients listing on the pack against elevit's ingredients listing too just to be sure
    I work in pharmacy and all the decent ones are huge. Elevit and Blackmores would be considered gold standard. Swiss make one but you can't see through the bottle to check the size. I think there is a new Karicare (Nutricia) one but I'm yet to come across it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I work in pharmacy and all the decent ones are huge. Elevit and Blackmores would be considered gold standard. Swiss make one but you can't see through the bottle to check the size. I think there is a new Karicare (Nutricia) one but I'm yet to come across it.
    I was taking the swisse brand to begin with and my gosh they taste horrible. Especially when you have severe all day sickness and when you open it the smell just gets on your taste buds and you start gagging at the thought of it 😂

Crushing it up sounds like a good idea but I'm under the impression that they are soft and not able to be ground up and put in water? I always thought they were liquid as they are kinda squishy.