+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1

    Default Pregnancy vitamin alternatives

    Okay so I'm having a problem with the largeness of the pills. I've always had a problem with that and every time I go to swallow them I would almost choke myself. I'm at the stage now where I really don't want to take them and I'm wondering if there is anything else I can buy that is smaller and not so huge.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    735
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444167651.083168.jpg

    I used these, they are tiny!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Where can I get those from? I've never seen them before!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Does anyone know if I can just take those multivitamin gummies and folic acid?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,521
    Thanks
    1,318
    Thanked
    1,574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vitamin gummies are really bad for your teeth. Unless you know you are deficient in something I'd recommend Blackmores i-folic.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,901
    Thanks
    4,791
    Thanked
    4,233
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    Okay so I'm having a problem with the largeness of the pills. I've always had a problem with that and every time I go to swallow them I would almost choke myself. I'm at the stage now where I really don't want to take them and I'm wondering if there is anything else I can buy that is smaller and not so huge.
    which ones are you taking?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    which ones are you taking?
    I'm taking blackmores at the moment. Was taking swisse but they were making me sick for some reason. I tried to look in every one to see what was smaller but unfortunately they are all the same size pretty much.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,901
    Thanks
    4,791
    Thanked
    4,233
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    I'm taking blackmores at the moment. Was taking swisse but they were making me sick for some reason. I tried to look in every one to see what was smaller but unfortunately they are all the same size pretty much.
    I take elevit. whilst they're not tiny, I find the size quite manageable. my fish oil tablets are bigger! I just take a mouthful of juice, tip my head right back and drop the tablet onto the back of my tongue then swallow straight away. I can't even feel it going down.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,023
    Thanks
    297
    Thanked
    735
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    Where can I get those from? I've never seen them before!
    I got them from woollies

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    464
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    78
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I take elevit. whilst they're not tiny, I find the size quite manageable. my fish oil tablets are bigger! I just take a mouthful of juice, tip my head right back and drop the tablet onto the back of my tongue then swallow straight away. I can't even feel it going down.
    Yes. I have to put the tablet at the back of my tongue and unfortunately I can still feel it go down and I almost choke or suffocate my self trying to cough it up if it decides to get somewhat lodged in the back. It always feels like it gets stuck where my tonsils are as they are pretty big as I've been told my numerous gp's. So now I keep thinking I'm going to choke to death or something because I can't swallow a tablet which should be the easiest thing possible!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Thermomix alternatives
    By Pearlygirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 11:06
  2. Healthy alternatives to coffee and tea
    By Nafsika in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-07-2015, 10:16
  3. Intro / IVF / Alternatives to IVF
    By theseeker in forum IVF
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-06-2015, 16:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!