+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Clean eaters - what are your snacks?

I successfully lost 6kg earlier this year in a short period of time just by eating clean and walking a few times each week. I've fallen off the wagon and want to get back on but can't remember what I used to eat for snacks at work. Today I ate so much but can't stay full so had to visit the vending machine at work! I ate:
    Breakfast - Green smoothie (avocado, kale, spinach, banana, mango, pineapple, cashews & chia seeds)
    Snacks - babybel cheese, banana, small handful of cashews
    Lunch - potato, cauliflower and pea curry, a mandarin
    Snacks - apple, Greek yogurt with blueberries and homemade granola

I also drink 2-3 litres of water per day.

I had eaten all of this by 2:30pm and tried to hold out until dinner but at about 4pm crumbled and ate a chocolate out of the vending machine.

I aim to eat plenty of healthy fat each day.

To the other clean eaters, what do you snack on? I don't really like boiled eggs and definitely don't like tuna or salmon.

As an aside, today was also the first day of my period so probably a terrible time to start lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I eat fruit, veggie sticks (sometimes with homemade dip, eg hummus) & nuts for the majority of my snacks. I find protein (ie,in hummus & nuts) is the best for keeping me full.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second the protein. If boiled eggs aren't your thing you could try making a clean protein smoothy or protein bliss balls - I use biofermented brown rice protein powder without additives etc.

Another snack is Sarah Wilsons paleo inside out bread - it's a gluten free loaf made mainly with eggs and almond meal (plus zucchini, olives etc). There are a lot of similar clean savoury loaf options online, bake a loaf, slice and freeze then toast when you want to eat. I top with avo or just have it plain.

I also pack a huge container of various raw vege sticks with a small container of hommus or tahini and this keeps me going when I get snacky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, good idea for the hommus and veggie sticks!

I had frittata for lunch today and I realised I could make individual ones to snack on for a veggie and protein hit :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a big filling breakfast which usually helps with wanting to snack. But if I am peckish a piece of fruit or ATM im addicted to almonds and dried apricots. Sometimes I'll just have a cup of tea which fills me up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been snacking on rice balls. It is easy to take anywhere and not to heavy.