+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much everyone! @SJ565 The hotel is a great suggestion! I just had a look and there is one not far from the venue that is pretty affordable, so I'm thinking I might just do that. That way, I can drive up after ET, go to the ceremony and afternoon tea bit (and maybe some of the reception) and then just head off when I'm ready without worrying about another long drive and late night. I think I will also have a chat to the bride about my situation just as a heads up that I might need to head off early.

@BlondeinBrisvegas I cracked up laughing at your comment! I have heard the sex before and after transfer thing before, but tell me honestly - how to people manage it with a vag full of crinone? Is it just me who is totally grossed out by that stuff?!

Thanks again so much ladies. I'm feeling much better now I have a kind of plan

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-10-2015),JustJaq  (06-10-2015),rosey82  (06-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @MrsChino Buggered if I know Luv, but if you find out, can you tell me???

No, you're not the only one grossed out by the thought of it..lots of women are...me included, hence why it wasn't happening around this place at the time!!! Adding pessaries into the mix shut the whole show down for quite some time I can tell you!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 06-10-2015 at 20:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha you are right the crinone sucks...just plan it and do it before u put it in. So so gross! My clinic says sex day before and day of transfer and that has worked for us. I had a wedding rehearsal the night of my son's transfer and there was lots of standing around and waiting, but he stuck! Just do what u feel comfortable with, speak to the bride and look after yourself. Good luck xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxdreamer For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (06-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Go to the wedding and enjoy yourself.

The day of transfer for my only BFP (after 9 rounds), I travelled just over an hour to a friends 40th. Because I was convinced it was a failure (Wazza gave me less than 1% chance) I had a cider and spent the evening chatting to people. In hindsight it might have been this relaxed approached or it might just have been luck, but it worked.

Fingers crossed for you and lots of baby dust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino - when i had my successful FET i got straight up and went back to work as i had a big day and a big meeting to prep for. From what i've read online the research suggests that it's best to be up and about after a FET as this promotes blood flow around the uterus. Having said that i was still worried about rushing around all day but i guess it didn't matter cos i'm 38 weeks pregnant now

Just see how you feel at the wedding, if you feel tired then dance a little less etc. Wishing you all the best for this transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a pretty traumatic embryo transfer... (Don't stress, I was a rare case). I managed to go back to work for the rest of the day and was still up and about doing things. (Now 14 weeks pregnant).

I would go if you're comfortable to do so. The hotel idea is a good one. Sometimes you need a bit of a distraction & a laugh. All the best.