+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Clothes - what's in your stash

I have to many clothes and will be doing an overhaul.
    To help with the cull what's in your stash?
    How many shirts?pants ? Tops etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following. My wardrobe is insane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have too much to count, and lots of stuff I really should cull!

Things I wear the most:

Black jeans
    Denim jeans
    Denim shorts
    Khaki casual pants
    Plain black singlets
    Denim drop crotch overalls
    Light grey cardigans
    Striped long sleeve tshirts
    Shift dress

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking I should cull down to like 3 pairs shorts 4 t's etc but not sure if that's too extreme

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check out capsule wardrobes on pinterest, lots of ideas for differing minimal wardrobes

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

MonkeyMumma  (05-10-2015),wobbleyhorse  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    I'm thinking I should cull down to like 3 pairs shorts 4 t's etc but not sure if that's too extreme
    I could never do that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I could never do that!
    That's what I'm struggling with, the thought of not having it in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked and this thread but could not post as I have too much and I can't just cull to a small amount. I do lots of little culls - usually because it does not fit anymore etc etc but I still love every item I have.

I will say that I would suggest doing it slower and not all at once. You may regret it and make up for it in a buying frenzy.

Start with what does not fit. If it does not fit just get rid of it. Followed by what do I never wear - you know the kind of clothes where you *think* you will wear it but never do? Then all the clothes needing repairs or that are just past their prime either mend/just get rid of.

You can keep doing this every season. Or whenever the culling feeling takes over.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have a fair amount of clothes but there's nothing in my wardrobe that I don't wear. I go by the Marie Kondo method- if something in my wardrobe doesn't give me joy, I get rid of it. Anything I've worn once but never worn again goes. Anything that doesn't quite fit goes. Anything I don't feel fantastic in- off it goes. I definitely recommend reading her book- it's amazing the amount of negative feelings you can get just opening your wardrobe and looking at all the things you can't wear or don't want to. Sounds silly, but I often felt guilty about getting rid of things, because there were memories attached or they cost a lot, etc. I don't think it's necessarily something you can be completely rational about- I still have things that I haven't worn in years but because they give me joy they can stay. Whereas something I might wear all the time but is misshapen through overwear etc and makes me feel frumpy goes. I've bought dresses online and immediately got rid of them because they're not exactly what I wanted- whereas in the past I would have held onto them for years

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (05-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I have a fair amount of clothes but there's nothing in my wardrobe that I don't wear. I go by the Marie Kondo method- if something in my wardrobe doesn't give me joy, I get rid of it. Anything I've worn once but never worn again goes. Anything that doesn't quite fit goes. Anything I don't feel fantastic in- off it goes. I definitely recommend reading her book- it's amazing the amount of negative feelings you can get just opening your wardrobe and looking at all the things you can't wear or don't want to. Sounds silly, but I often felt guilty about getting rid of things, because there were memories attached or they cost a lot, etc. I don't think it's necessarily something you can be completely rational about- I still have things that I haven't worn in years but because they give me joy they can stay. Whereas something I might wear all the time but is misshapen through overwear etc and makes me feel frumpy goes. I've bought dresses online and immediately got rid of them because they're not exactly what I wanted- whereas in the past I would have held onto them for years
    Is she the Japanese lady who writes about how to cull effectively? Her thoughts are really incisive and resonated with me (assuming jt's the same person). Off to google.