Closed Thread
Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @Bongley poas acholic but totally entertaini g Wednesday ill be stalking you for sure. Are you feeling ok today?
    @infinity888 hehe, yes feeling fine today thank-you My transfer last month I was so stressed with moving house so this is better for my peace of mind. Although I really don't think anything other than acute stress would affect implantation (I've read that it would have to be bereavement level). I think you may have asked me ages ago but I don't do acupuncture but I know people who swear by it. If I had the money and time for it I would do massages instead I think.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    I've got 10 internet cheapies left and 7 FRER ready to go
    Is that all ??? Better get down to chemist warehouse quick smart !

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),Bongley  (17-10-2015),infinity888  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bongley yep i would get massages too if i could. Im just throwing everything i can at this cycle as i only have 2 left in total. Basically no pressure but this one is going to work haha. I think chiefsgirl had acupuncture. I just had a question but ive managed to find my answers through good old dr google lol.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),Bongley  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley yep i would get massages too if i could. Im just throwing everything i can at this cycle as i only have 2 left in total. Basically no pressure but this one is going to work haha. I think chiefsgirl had acupuncture. I just had a question but ive managed to find my answers through good old dr google lol.
    Infinity I had acupuncture on my 2 cycles where I got BFPs. I had it down fortnightly leading up to EPU, then before & after transfer, and I'm still going every 2 weeks. I don't know if it really works, there is evidence that says it does, but I just felt I had to try everything. And I enjoy it. I find it very relaxing & often doze off ☺️

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),Bongley  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Petal40 ive been going weekly for last 3 wks. I have one session on tues then egg pick up Friday all going to plan. My accupuncture clinic is near where i live which is 1.5 hrs from fs. I cant go there before and after transfer but there is a clinic nxt to fs so im going there instead i have to try to book in on monday. Im hoping along with pred etc this makes a difference in getting my bfp.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015),Petal40  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm back. I have had a quick flick through the many pages I mised while I was away, and a few brief comments on those first..
    @Tahli, thank you for posting the picture of the blossom for me. I did burst into tears when I saw it, because it reminded me of a much happier time. Actually I'm tearing up as I think about it again now. But I very much appreciated it that you spent the time to do that for me, so thank you.
    @Bongley, congratulations on being PUPO How exciting for you. I am crossing my fingers that this emby is a sticky one for you love
    @Julie. OMG! Those HCG numbers! Do you get the feeling it might be twins? Such an exciting time for you, and I bet that scan can't come fast enough for you
    @Aniras, first up - welcome to the thread! IVF is a bl@@dy expensive caper no matter how you look at it I'm afraid. DH and I are pretty skint at the moment too, and even though our funds don't really allow us to contemplate another attempt I am not ready to say 'It's over' yet. We are considering the following options to look into:-

1. Shopping around for the lowest priced clinics we can find
    2. Approaching our current Fertility Clinic and throwing ourselves at their mercy, and asking for them to consider reducing their cycle fees to enable us to have another go (It can't hurt to ask, and their website does say "We don't believe finances should ever restrict people from having a family....")
    3. Asking family for a loan - unlikely that they can help us, but again, if you don't ask you just never know.
    4. A personal loan from a bank (Doubtful as we are already fairly extended, but we can still try.)
    5. Travelling interstate to cheaper clinics and staying with friends to cut down on accommodation fees.
    6. Maxing out the credit card and throwing ourselves into massive debt we can't get paid off!

AFM...

So you already know I spent Thursday night at our local hospital. Came home afterwards and got the diahorrea under control, but felt progressively sicker as the day went on. By the time we got to the city hospital I was nauseous, and had terrible tummy cramps extending around to my back. I also had a terrible headache - just falling apart, don't mind me!

Met with the check-in nurse who asked a barrage of questions and told me I was scheduled for D&C. I asked "What about the laparoscopy to check for ectopic pregnancy?" and she said "That's not listed here for you."

I asked to speak to a Doctor, whom they did go and get, and explained that I had two BT's done, and if the HCG was still rising the Women's Health Doctor had requested a laparoscopy to check for EP just in case. Nobody had even bothered to get the results!

A quick ring around and finally we got them - the first BT said 45,500 (higher again) but Thursday's test showed 32,000 - so that's why I was feeling so bl@@dy awful. They said I was starting to MC naturally and had they not scheduled me for D&C I would probably go over the weekend anyway. No need for the lap now since HCG was going down.

Next came the Anaesthetist who was LOVELY. He saw I was a mess, and ordered me through to the ward so I could lie down, and dosed me up with pain relief so the headache went. Had to put 2 x Misoprostyl under my tongue to dissolve, which then led to mild contraction-like pain for 3 hours as my cervix opened.

At 3.30 I was taken for surgery, the anaesthetic was excellent and they also gave my some kind of opioid for when I woke up, and an anti-nausea through the anaesthetic also. The surgery (apparently) went well, but I woke up crying hysterically. I guess it just hit me that I was now alone for real. The male Nurse was so wonderful, he wiped my eyes for me and held a cold compress to my face and told me to just cry away. He made such a difference I cannot even tell you how much it meant.

In recovery I was well looked after. I was given some juice and a sandwich, and the Nurse gave me a lot of pamphlets from Sands which I will read in a couple of weeks. There was a lot of bleeding, and some cramping, but I have some Panadeine Forte here so that is under control. I suppose the worst is over....I guess.

My parents and DH have looked after me well and we are having a very quiet weekend. I just wanted to let you all know I am ok physically. Thank you for your support.

Blossom.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015),Bongley  (17-10-2015),GreyDove  (17-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-10-2015),Tahli  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 im so glad you were well looked after...rest up. Sending lots of hugs your way.... food for thought since your considering alternative clinics in the future ive done some research for you. apparently life fertility in Brisbane do freeze all cycles but bulk bill and total oop is 800 i believe. No up front or wait for medicare rebates etc just pay gap.Includes everything. Drugs epu freezing etc. The fertility center Springwood only really do 2 or 3dt fresh and its about 650 total oop includes scans bt drugs epu transfer but about 1500 on top for freezing if you have any to freeze. I only get 3-5 eggs at epu and usually end up with 2-3 total good by day 3. So i wont be freezing. So total oop is $650 for me but initial was about $3000 to $6000. My ivf clinic is about 1250 oop including drugs epu transfer all scans bloods etc but extra to freeze. With initial of $2000 to $4000. Hope this helps a little. Xx

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Petal40 ive been going weekly for last 3 wks. I have one session on tues then egg pick up Friday all going to plan. My accupuncture clinic is near where i live which is 1.5 hrs from fs. I cant go there before and after transfer but there is a clinic nxt to fs so im going there instead i have to try to book in on monday. Im hoping along with pred etc this makes a difference in getting my bfp.
    Sounds good. My acupuncture is 2 hours from where my FS was too, but he was happy for me to go to him before we drove down for transfer, & he even came in after hours when we got back to town. Hope it helps for you x

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

infinity888  (17-10-2015),winsor  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you are home and starting to recuperate @Blossom , thinking of you xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #18

Has anybody any thoughts on this? I have been standing up for an hour or so outside and swatted a fly that bit me on the ankle, then look down again and see this egg on my leg. It's rock hard and blue like a bruise, about 7 cm long and if I didn't know better I'd think I'd cracked my shin on something. It's not sore, it just feels tight and swollen. I'm worried because of all the anti clotting and blood thinning stuff I'm on 😐. The fly bite is right on the bottom point of the lump...? Coincidence?
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1445053822.562958.jpg
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 17-10-2015 at 13:54.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-10-2015)