Closed Thread
Page 87 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aniras if you have a partner - shop around for clinics .... I'm by no means an expert - I really am a novice at this whole thing - 3 cycles - none successful. I'm single and using donor sperm so its harder for me to find clinics who can accommodate me. I've just spent all my savings - and I'm just going to pull money out of my house - but I know that this is a luxury that not many have. If it doesn't work - I can at least say I've tried. Research yourself. My PHI full private cover upgrade doesn't kick in until April of next year but I still did a cycle because I just simply couldn't wait - just in case. Kicking myself for not taking full cover out sooner. Kicking myself over a lot of things actually - but its done ... just have to move forward.

<3

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreyDove For This Useful Post:

Aniras  (16-10-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDove View Post
    @Aniras if you have a partner - shop around for clinics .... I'm by no means an expert - I really am a novice at this whole thing - 3 cycles - none successful. I'm single and using donor sperm so its harder for me to find clinics who can accommodate me. I've just spent all my savings - and I'm just going to pull money out of my house - but I know that this is a luxury that not many have. If it doesn't work - I can at least say I've tried. Research yourself. My PHI full private cover upgrade doesn't kick in until April of next year but I still did a cycle because I just simply couldn't wait - just in case. Kicking myself for not taking full cover out sooner. Kicking myself over a lot of things actually - but its done ... just have to move forward.

<3
    No partner but using ex husband sperm....
    I guess I could try Sydney clinics, it's just the whole 1000 in airfares from here to get anywhere major adds to the expense.... Hence deciding on local. But holy hell its expensive.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just saw a post that said "in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"
    just so true to me today...
    OK... on the horse and going to investigate other clinics

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (16-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aniras - ex-husbands count as partners in the past tense ... It is expensive. It's ridiculous. I mean they want a growing population don't they? We're trying!

Anyway ... just research - I wish I'd researched sooner - I know its heart wrenching and difficult - I don't know anything about other states etc ... but hunt around ... You might be able to find people who could help put you up which would save on costs?

And diet and supplements are supposed to assist with egg quality - which is where I'm currently comforting myself as I wait to have enough for another round. At least I can control my diet and water intake and take the dogs for walks.

I know this is all so very sucky.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreyDove For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyDove View Post
    @Aniras - ex-husbands count as partners in the past tense ... It is expensive. It's ridiculous. I mean they want a growing population don't they? We're trying!

Anyway ... just research - I wish I'd researched sooner - I know its heart wrenching and difficult - I don't know anything about other states etc ... but hunt around ... You might be able to find people who could help put you up which would save on costs?

And diet and supplements are supposed to assist with egg quality - which is where I'm currently comforting myself as I wait to have enough for another round. At least I can control my diet and water intake and take the dogs for walks.

I know this is all so very sucky.
    Greydove thank you, Yes, diet / supplements done... I changed to paleo in January this year, and have been on the recommended vitamins/supplements including dhea and melatonin for the past about 8weeks or so....
    Ive no stress, health is best in years, I don't use chemicals, I use natural essential oils and balms etc, I do yoga very regularly... but none of this is going to bring back my eggs....
    I had very low for my age AMH when trying for dd and now its undetectable... my last cycle was 42days...(this is very odd as its always always been on average 29days but doc said don't worry about that) I am actually ON THE PILL right now, I was beginning the cycle with QFG right now,.... epu booked for 30nov but since finding out the actual costs with no phi its blown it out of the water.... I am just stunned.. I mean I do have the money but its everything I have... if it fails (extremely high chance) then its money gone.... It takes away the dinner out, or the little experience with my dd, or the buy a new bra thing... I am back to square one, but then the regret not trying once kicks in...
    How do I make a decision... I know its my decision but I am just so stuck in the mud right now...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do donor eggs (in a heart beat... was booked for de with sister 5years ago) but sister lives OS now and there is no one else.... ive actually asked friends hahaha... but its still the expense of it all... I would be out of pocket much more for this option and I just cant justify these expenses when I could spend more quality time/experiences with my daughter already...
    do I want to regret spending the money (if doesn't work) and have to live off the bread line forever more.... Ive got savings, we can go on a great holiday, or to the movies without worry.... you know... just so conflicted right now.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (16-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniras View Post
    just saw a post that said "in the end we only regret the chances we didn't take"
    just so true to me today...
    OK... on the horse and going to investigate other clinics
    I'm in regional Qld too, and use MyIVF in Brisbane. It's low cost, about $1300 oop ($3000 up front) for initial cycle. Very lovely clinic, will do some appointments via Skype etc to accomodate living out of brisbane. They have a website. We did 2 rounds with QFG where we are first & ended up taking out a loan. The $$ side is a killer. Good luck ☺️

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Hon do u mean OOP totally? Or just initially? We're with Monash and we had to pay around $12k Upfront, but we then ended up with actual OOP being around $7k after Medicare rebate, that was with ICSI -ha & doing PGS which isn't covered by Medicare rebate.
    OOP totally...
    cycle with qfg is oop $5560 with no insurance. hospital stays $1500 anaesthetist up to $600 (not sure how much rebate but not going to make much difference)Medications up to $250 and doctor fees $1000
    I am classed as donor as using ex husband sperm.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Petal40 View Post
    I'm in regional Qld too, and use MyIVF in Brisbane. It's low cost, about $1300 oop ($3000 up front) for initial cycle. Very lovely clinic, will do some appointments via Skype etc to accomodate living out of brisbane. They have a website. We did 2 rounds with QFG where we are first & ended up taking out a loan. The $$ side is a killer. Good luck ☺️
    I need an aggressive protocol to try to coax any eggie out.... Ive heard the cheaper ones are low stim....

5 years ago I was on 450iu gonal f and only getting 2-3 eggs per cycle... I did 4 fully stimmed cycles.... eggs didn't last to day 3 mostly... I struck gold with my daughter... but that was after dhea for close to 3months and was extremely stressed etc with ex husband being an ***.....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @Charlie74, I know exactly what you mean. I don't think you're (or I) are a failure. the first thing my FS said when I said I thought I might have been pg very early a couple of times but was never sure (when asked if I'd ever been pg in the initial consultations) was that it's very common and often women do get pg but it goes before they knew about it. so I think you're instincts have been right. (that's how I think of it at least). enjoy your holiday, and try stay out of the sun! enough to get some vitamin-D but not enough for sunburn. good luck for your November cycle, not long to go really! I wouldn't worry about your prep, I'm sure it's all fine.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),Charlie74  (16-10-2015)