Closed Thread
Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Aniras, one of the guys I work with and his wife went to a low cost clinic and they were only something like $800 out of pocket for a full cycle and a couple of hundred for frozen transfers. I didn't go that way because they waited around 5 months for their first appointment and I didn't have the time to waste. Is something like that manageable for you?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Aniras not sure where you live but 1st cycle oop here in qld is about $1200 but once you reach threshold every cycle after that is about 500 oop. There is new clinic life fertility i think its called that is totally bulk billed so no up front wait to get back from medicare situation. Thats for basic ivf and icsi so if thats possible? Not sure of your situation

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done on the HGC levels Julie! Very exciting. I remember years ago on bubhub a woman had average levels and the scan proceeded to show triplets! So you never know. Good luck. X

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015),Bongley  (16-10-2015),JulieMalooley  (16-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you ladies, but I am in regional qld and only have local access to QFG (we all know their fees right) and the low cost clinic I did see in Brissy basically said nope, not worth it....
    I have an undetectable AMH and even my second opinion basically only agreed because of morals as I wanted to try the once.
    I increased my PHI on 10 August and they actually said yep all good, 3months and you should be good to go... but they then said that "infertility is a pre existing condition" so not covered for 12 months. My age and lack of eggs says I cant wait that long.
    I am extremely grateful I am blessed with my darling miss nearly 4 but I have been planning and saving for this one shot for the past 4years.... I can cope with the 5-6k oop but certainly not 10++

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Aniras oh no thats not fair. I dont know much about it but is a DE an option for you? I know some ladies have had great success with this? I'm not sure how you get past something you really want. Have you exhausted all possibilities?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi @Aniras, welcome. yes like the others, I'd suggest trying a public hospital eg RPA in sydney. you can use medicare for this. the cost of my first cycle there was ~$1500 out of pocket (at the time they provided the meds too but this has since changed. second cycle was the same but I had to buy the meds at the chemist (a couple hundred all up - they have big discounts). and then if you're over the medicare safety net threshold, you even might get some of this $1500 back (check with medicare though to confirm). the costs at my previous clinic was around $6K but I had to pay about $13 or so up front then get the refund, so the final cost was the ~$6K. (ouch - finding that 13 was hard which is why we moved to RPA)

I suppose you could take out a loan but it's not something you get a monetary return on to pay it back. the bub would be worth the money of course, but you're right, it is a gamble from a $ point of view. I hope you can find a solution you're happy with

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    for the 10++ cost do they make you pay that up front then you get a refund for some of it so it ends up being 5-6K? or is it 10K total out of pocket cost?
    just thinking of a short term loan for the 10 (or differences between 10-5/6) that you pay back with the refund, then you just have to pay back the real cost 5-6.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok this thread is ever growing! I'd just like to say a quick heartfelt thank you for the welcomes and the open arms @infinity888 @Leisylou @Essence08 @JulieMalooley @Bongley @tuxcat @Blossom74 @winsor ... If I've missed anyone I'm sorry! I had to use my email notifications to catch up lol ...

I am seriously just so grateful to be here and I love success stories and everyones tenacity and the sense of community that I can see here. I was seriously lacking that.

I've popped my vitamins and supplements and I've been drinking water like a mad woman and I walked the crazy dogs this morning and I'll walk them again tonight - thus ruining them and setting the expectation that they will get walkies all the time!

And @tuxcat - love your cat! Tuxedo cats are/were my favourites, but I seem to be drowning in tabbies - with essentially 5 of them in residence with one tuxedo - My tabby plus the two foster-failure tabby/tabby-tortie and then the street cat who was a tabby who kinda sorta just moved in and my friends cat the ginger tabby who's been living here for nearly 2 years - she wants him back in January and I'll miss the champagne ginger nutter.

I know a few others of you have cats as well. <3

Again, this thread moves fast!
    Last edited by GreyDove; 16-10-2015 at 12:07.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreyDove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-10-2015),Blossom74  (17-10-2015),Bongley  (16-10-2015),winsor  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sadly I've just calculated that the oop will be 10k+ because the phi won't kick in in time to cycle.
    The second opinion doctor only agreed to go ahead with it with me due to morals...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aniras For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniras View Post
    thank you ladies, but I am in regional qld and only have local access to QFG (we all know their fees right) and the low cost clinic I did see in Brissy basically said nope, not worth it....
    I have an undetectable AMH and even my second opinion basically only agreed because of morals as I wanted to try the once.
    I increased my PHI on 10 August and they actually said yep all good, 3months and you should be good to go... but they then said that "infertility is a pre existing condition" so not covered for 12 months. My age and lack of eggs says I cant wait that long.
    I am extremely grateful I am blessed with my darling miss nearly 4 but I have been planning and saving for this one shot for the past 4years.... I can cope with the 5-6k oop but certainly not 10++
    Yep..I was with QFG for my FS more than for them and I know full well their fees Luv Did you go to The Fertility Centre for a consult?? If so, it might be worth checking a couple more low cost clinics out. There is a few of them here now run by other providers with the newest one being Life Fertility that @infinity888 mentioned though my understanding of them is they only do FET and no fresh transfers so you'd be up sh!t creek if your embryo's aren't suitable to be frozen

The only other issue is that low cost clinics generally use lower dosages of FSH to stimulate your ovaries with so as to keep running costs to a minimum and you might need a more aggressive approach in that respect though you don't/won't know unless you gave it a go???

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post: